Follow these instructions to prepare the Experience Analytics database server.
- Before you begin, run or verify that you have a valid and up-to-date backup of the current Acoustic™ Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) databases.
- If you are upgrading on a remote server, you must create the filegroup paths on the remote SQL Server before you upgrade.
- If you are not logged in as a user with admin privileges on the database, make the
following entries or selections in the Authentication box:
- Manual Authentication
- User name:
<SQL Server login>
The user that installs the databases must have access to a user account that has permissions to create databases on the remote SQL Server. You must be logged in as a trusted user that has admin privileges, or you must have the user name and password for an authorized SQL Server login.Note: To upgrade the databases, the database user account must have SA privileges.
- In SQL 2012, you can configure the Compatibility Mode using the following method or by
ALTER DATABASESQL command to set the Compatibility Mode for a named database. For more information, see the documentation that came with your product.
When a Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) database is upgraded from an earlier version of SQL Server, it retains its existing compatibility level. Depending on your enterprise installation of Microsoft™ SQL Server, you must apply the following Compatibility Mode levels to the Experience Analytics databases.Note: Compatibility Mode changes should only be applied while there are not any users connected to the database.
SQL Server Version Compatibility Mode SQL Server 2012
110(Release 8.8 or later)
- If your SQL Server installation uses dynamic ports, extra configuration is required before you install or upgrade the Experience Analytics databases.
- During the upgrade process, you might choose to migrate event definitions and reporting
data. Depending on the options you choose, the Database Manager requires sufficient space to perform
the upgrade operations.
Note: The following are estimates and may not be exact for each Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) solution.
- The values in the
Required Temp Spacecolumn indicate the volume of space that is required on the SQL Server machine as a multiple of the size of the database.
- If you are performing multiple operations, they are additive, meaning that the required temp space factors must be added to see the total required temporary space.
Product Operations Required Temp Space No data migration Install the event definitions 0x Experience Analytics CX
- Install the event definitions
- Migrate report data - Delete during migration
- Migrate report data - Delete after migration
Experience Analytics cxReveal Migrate search data 1.25x
- The values in the
- Before you begin, consider disabling the Stats Logger session agent on the Report
The database upgrade may hang during the System upgrade step if an active Stats Logger session agent is enabled in the Pipeline on the Report server and is actively writing to the SQL Server database.
- Before you begin your upgrade, copy the event definitions to the Report server and verify user permissions.