Before you begin to upgrade your Acoustic™ Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) environment, you must evaluate your network environment to determine whether it can provide the resources that the upgrade requires. If not, you'll need to make changes.
Review the hardware, software, and database requirements for the components that you plan to upgrade. As you evaluate your current network resources, focus on the systems where you plan to upgrade Experience Analytics and on related database and data transfer systems.
- Identify the physical computer systems that host your Experience Analytics applications. Examine each piece of physical hardware and consider the following hardware characteristics. Compare current capacity to the upgrade requirements to identify gaps.
- Amount of installed memory
- Number and type of installed microprocessors
- External media
- Whether a particular unit can be upgraded
- Itemize the currently installed software and database applications. For each application, consider the function, security requirements, and how widely the software is used throughout your organization. Compare to upgrade requirements to identify where you might need to upgrade the software.
- Examine the databases that support your current Experience Analytics deployment. Compare to the upgrade requirements for databases to determine where you might need to make changes.
- Identify the IT personnel who will participate in the upgrade. Determine if they have the means and expertise to perform the upgrade and related database management. Make sure all involved have user IDs with the appropriate authorizations to successfully install all products and files.
- Ensure that you have access to appropriate file transfer software and remote access utilities.
If you identified gaps between the upgrade requirements and your current hardware, software, or databases, make arrangements to prepare your network resources for the upgrade, as necessary.
Contact your Acoustic representative if you are not sure whether your current assets are adequate for the Experience Analytics solution that you want to deploy. The representative can assess the traffic on your site to determine if you need to purchase additional hardware, software, or database capacity.