Acoustic Campaign platform adheres to the MMA US Consumers Best Practices and US Carrier requirements. For more information about SMS compliance see the SMS Compliance Information article.
Regardless of the client’s geography, the global STOP and HELP keywords need to be recognized and compliant in their behavior. In the case of dedicated codes (short or long codes that are owned directly by the client), it is the client’s responsibility to set up and maintain the SMS programs to process STOP and HELP keywords.
SMS programs using dedicated codes
Clients with their own dedicated code(s) are required to set up programs to process the global STOP and HELP keywords for their code, as well as a response program for 'Unrecognized' keywords. Clients must set up the following programs:
- Create two (2) text for info programs—one for STOP and one for HELP replies.
- Create one multistep program that uses an asterisk (*) as the keyword. It will act as a catch-all program to respond to unrecognized keywords. If you have more than one dedicated code, create two text for info programs for each code.
Configure these programs to run indefinitely (no expiration date). The client is responsible to create accurate content and ensure that the content sent back is accurate.
Note: Only for the USA, political MT messages are required to include only HELP functionality. STOP functionality is not mandatory. You need to include the opt-in and opt-out processes both in the opt-in disclaimer and SMS terms and conditions.
Create global STOP and HELP programs for dedicated code users
In Campaign Manager, create a global STOP and HELP program for dedicated code users.
- Create a campaign
- Create a generic HELP reply program.
- Create a generic STOP reply program.
Create a catch-all program for dedicated code users
- In Campaign Manager, open a Multi-Step Program template.
- Fill in the fields in the program's template.
- Click Save Multi-Step Program.
- View the program on the program's multi-step canvas.
- In the menu, go to Interactive > Multi-Step Programs.
- Click the name of the program.
- Set up the interactions to configure the multi-step program. When you complete the configuration. Make sure your inputs, actions, and outputs are relevant to this catch-all program.