The reports mentioned on this page are only meant for Acoustic clients whose traffic is being forwarded to telcos by mGage (SMS aggregator). You can view and export message details and message traffic reports using the SMS Campaign Manager or API.
Preview SMS message history details
To access the message history details in the SMS Campaign manager, browse to SMS > Campaign manager > Messages and select the desired filters to generate the report. The page shows up to 400 records for the current day and displays 100 results per page, which can be sorted by Time.
If your SMS Message is a long SMS message (also known as a multi-part SMS message), the report shows this text as one record.
You can filter message data by mobile number, campaign, programs, program type, message text, SMS and API channel, and date range. You'll have access to 6 months of historical data, as well as the current month's data.
Note: If you include the mobile number in the search, the results will be limited to 1,000 records. If you do not include the mobile number, the results will be limited to 400 records.
Tip: In this report, you can filter by these available time periods: today, the last 24 hours from the current time, yesterday, and last week. Then after this, you can choose specific months, up to the past 6 months from the current month. To query multiple months, you must now target each month individually.
Results of the inbound and outbound transactions are limited and only show a preview of the data, but you can export the results for a full report. If your organization sends over 250,000 messages per month, you may be able to receive daily reports through a secure FTP server. For details, see Generate a report for high volume SMS message sends.
SMS Messaging Summary report (hosted in the US data center)
The Messaging Summary report shows the number of total messages sent from each campaign within a specified time frame. You can also see breakouts of total MTs and Total MOs, based on the filters applied. This report replaces the current Traffic Report and Messaging Traffic Report. Reports include aggregate data for a rolling six months. The aggregate counts include multipart message counts.
View the report
In the Campaign menu, expand SMS and click Campaign Manager. Click Reports > Standard Reports and select Messaging Summary from the Reports list.
You can expand Filter to show and configure the following data. When done, click Run and close the filter.
- Time Granularity: The default value is "days", but can be changed to display results by months, weeks, or days.
- Period: The default value is "in the past 6 months", but can be changed. You can modify the operator or modify the values associated with the operator.
- Shortcode: Shows whatever sender ID the customer used. This includes short code, long code, or an alpha/numeric sender ID. There is no default value. Traffic for any/all shortcodes will be reported by default. You can filter by a specific shortcode.
- Channel Type: There is no default value, but only SMS traffic will be included in this release. MMS traffic will be available in a future release.
- Is Multipart: The default value is "is any value"; this means that all traffic will be reported. You can determine if you want to see how much multipart traffic is being sent by setting the value to "yes". Multipart counts for messages sent with time zone delivery are not included in this launch but will be included in a future release.
- Carrier: There is no default value. Traffic will be reported regardless of carrier. If there is no carrier, the country will be entered as the value. You can filter by a carrier as needed.
- Status: There is no default value. Traffic will be reported regardless of status. You can filter by Status to see:
- Success - MO Received
- Campaign Name: This is the campaign name used to organize programs in the SMS Campaign Manager. There is no default value. Traffic will be reported for any/all campaigns and you can filter by Campaign as needed.
- Broadcast Name: This filter appears by default, but Acoustic users will not see any data.
- Program Name: There is no default value. Traffic will be reported for any/all Programs. You can filter by Program as needed.
Download dashboard reports
Click the Settings gear to download all reports that are shown in the Message Summary dashboard as .csv or .pdf files. Each file type provides different settings. PDF files are more customizable.
Download table data
You can download data from the Daily List Summary using the menu above the data set (table or visualization).
SMS Programs Traffic report (hosted in the UK data center)
View the report
In the menu, hover over Reports and click Standard Reports. Click Communicate Pro Programs Traffic Report. The results shown in the report are a limited preview of the requested data set. The full results are available through Export Messages.
You can open the Keyword/Code Usage report to view keywords and code mapping for your program and campaigns.
Use the Span & drag slider to show the following data on the chart for a specific date range:
- Message type
- Campaign name
- Program type
- Message status
- Number of messages
Export SMS traffic data
- Click Export.
- Rename the file.
- Save the .csv file to your computer.
Export SMS messages
Export messages to your hard drive
In the SMS Campaign Manager (Reports > Message), you can export the full results of your messages in a .csv file by downloading the file to your hard drive. You can also access this data in Reports > Message Page Query Results. The report data is available for 6 months.
- Open the Messages page and click Export Messages.
- The .csv dialog box opens.
- Select an option and click OK.
- You'll receive confirmation of the finished export by email with a link to download the full report file to your device's hard drive.
Note: The Messages page uses the email address associated with your username and will send the report link that email address. Click the My Account link to verify your email address. If necessary, only update your email. Do not update any other fields on this page. After you update your account information, you can set your filters and run the report. Then, click Export Messages and follow steps 2-4 above. If you have any issues generating this report, contact Support.
Use Acoustic Campaign's API to export SMS messages
For complete details see Exporting SMS messages from the SMS Campaign Manager using a REST API.