In this scenario, you want to send a mobile app message when customers first enter your store. Customers might pass the store entrance several times in a day, but you want them to receive the mobile app message only once when they first enter the store.
Before you begin
- A mobile push-enabled database is already set up for the contact source.
- DLA is provisioned for the organization.
- The location administrator, developer, and marketer have appropriate privileges to access Acoustic Campaign.
- A beacon is installed on the site and the location administrator sets up a Proximity UUID for the organization.
- The location administrator has already created the Department:Store entry location attribute.
Steps for the location administrator
- Go to the sites list page and click Add new site.
- Provide site information and then save the site definition.
- Create a zone for the food truck by selecting the site in the site hierarchy and clicking the Zone icon.
- Enter a name and description for the zone, select the Department:Store entry location attribute, and then save the zone definition.
- Add a beacon to the zone by selecting the zone in the site hierarchy and clicking the Beacon icon.
- Enter a name, description, UUID, major, and minor for the beacon. Specify the dwell time and then save the beacon definition.
Steps for the developer
- Integrate the Acoustic Mobile App Messaging SDK. For instructions, go to Mobile SDK overview.
- Configure the SDK for integration with beacons. For instructions, go to: Device Location Awareness.
Steps for the marketer
Create a simple mobile app message
- In Acoustic Campaign, go to Content > Mobile messages and click Create mobile app message. The Select message draft page opens.
- Click New draft to open the Set up your message page.
- Set up the message by selecting an app group, a contact source from a mobile app message database, and the Simple mobile app message type. Provide a delivery name, location, and campaign name, and then click Continue.
- Enter the message content. Depending on the platform(s) you want to send the message to, click the Enter Android content or Enter iOS contet tab(s). When you are finished configuring the messages, click Continue. The Finalize your message page opens.
- Click Publish and Continue to publish the mobile app message. The Confirm and publish window opens.
- Review the information about the mobile app message and then click Publish to make the mobile app message available to programs.
Create a program that sends a mobile app message when the customer enters the store for the first time
- In the Campaign menu, select Automation > Programs > Create. The Template Gallery opens.
- Click the Autoresponder tile to open the program canvas.
- Click Settings at the top right of the window. The Edit program settings page opens.
- Configure the following options.
- In the Program name field, provide a name for the program.
- Click the Select contact source button, choose a contact source by selecting a mobile push-enabled database, and then click Done. Only one mobile push database is allowed for an organization.
- Select Add contacts when the following events occur:, and then select the Universal Behavior option from the Add behavior dropdown.
- Select Location - Dwelled in a beacon area and then click Configure. The Configure Location - Dwelled in a Beacon Area window opens. Select locationAttributeIds, contains one of the following, and Department:Store entry, and then click Apply to save the event.
- If you want the program to repeat and send the message more than once, check the Allow contacts to repeat program box and enter the number of days.
- In the Start program on field, specify a start date.
- Click Save and edit flow. The Autoresponder window opens.
- Click Configure in the Autoresponder tile. The Configure step window opens.
- Set the interaction to Send mobile app message and click Configure. The Select a mobile app message window opens.
- Go to the App group drop-down, and select the app group that is associated with your published message. Choose the mobile app message that you published in step 7 and then click Done. The Mobile app message configuration window opens and displays information about the mobile app message in the Content tab.
- Click the Frequency limits tab. In this scenario, frequency limits are not defined for the app. In the left panel, select the Custom limit option, enter 1 in the Maximum messages sent per day (24 hours) field, and then click Apply. The Configure step window opens.Note: You can configure frequency limits for programs that are triggered by mobile app message events. In this case, it is recommended that you use the Autoresponder template to create a one-step program that does not contain a decision point before the mobile app message.
- Click Apply to save the program. The Autoresponder window opens.
- Click Activate to start. The Confirm active program window opens. Click Activate to confirm that you want to activate the program.