Surprise your customers with the right offers – at the right place, at the right time. You can send automated location-triggered mobile app messages in real time, including location-specific discount codes, welcome messages, special offer notifications, and other communications.
- Welcome to our store in San Francisco, use this coupon on your visit today!
- Ready to plan your trip around Los Angeles, click here for popular attractions!
- Thanks for visiting the Fan Experience event in Colorado, don't forget to use #fanexperience2021 to be entered into a prize drawing!
Note: Simple push messages with location personalization can only be published for use in a program. These published messages should not be sent with an API call.
Before you begin
- Your organization must be enabled for mobile push and device location awareness sites.
- Add and set up all the necessary elements in device location awareness: sites (locations), geofences, and beacons.
- Real-time push streaming works only with simple push notifications.
- Message content can include contact-level personalization but cannot include relational table personalization. Note that:
- Custom date and number formatting is not supported
- Adding contact level personalization slows down the throughput
- Simple messages sent from the device location awareness push streaming program accept mobile app and program step frequency limits.
Create a simple mobile app message
- In Acoustic Campaign, go to Content > Mobile messages and click Create mobile app message. The Select message draft page opens.
- Click New draft to open the Set up your message page.
- Set up the message by selecting an app group, a contact source from a mobile app message database, and the Simple mobile app message type. Provide a delivery name, location, and campaign name, and then click Continue.
- Set up a device. Personalization attributes can be added to the following Android and iOS fields for Simple push messages only:
- Notification Message
- Additional Text
- Notification message
- Enter the title and notification message. The following attribute options are available in the personalization drop-down menu for organizations that are enabled for DLA push streaming:
- When you set up your message, click Continue. The Finalize your message page opens.
- Click Publish and Continue to publish the mobile app message. The Confirm and publish window opens.
- Review the information about the mobile app message and then click Publish to make the mobile app message available to programs.
Note: When you finalize your message and are in the Send now mode, an error message is shown stating that DLA attribute tags are only supported for draft publishing, not for draft sending, or scheduling.
Create a program
- In the Campaign menu, select Automation > Programs > Create. The Template Gallery opens.
- Click the Autoresponder tile to open the program canvas.
- Click Settings at the top right of the window. The Edit program settings page opens.
- Configure the following options.
- In the Program name field, provide a name for the program.
- Click the Select contact source button, choose a contact source by selecting a mobile push-enabled database, and then click Done. Only one mobile push database is allowed for an organization.
- Select Add contacts when the following events occur:, and then select the Universal Behavior option from the Add behavior dropdown:
- Location - Entered a beacon area
- Location - Entered a geofence
- Location - Dwelled in a beacon area
- Location - Dwelled inside a geofence
- Location - Exited a beacon area
- Location - Exited a geofence
- Select a universal behavior of your choice and click Configure. Add the events and attributes of your choice and click Apply to save them. Note: No other program settings can be applied.
- If you want the program to repeat and send the message more than once, check the Allow contacts to repeat program box and enter the number of days.
- In the Start program on field, specify a start date. Streaming DLA supports the time send window, e.g. between 10 AM and 1 PM, but does not support sending on specific weekdays.
- Click Save and edit flow. The Autoresponder window opens.
- Click Configure in the Autoresponder tile. The Configure step window opens.
- Set the interaction to Send mobile app message and click Configure. The Select a mobile app message window opens.
- Go to the App group drop-down, and select the app group that is associated with your published message. Choose the previously published mobile app message and click Done. The Mobile app message configuration window opens and displays information about the mobile app message in the Content tab.
- Click the Frequency limits tab. In this scenario, frequency limits are not defined for the app. In the left panel, select the Custom limit option, enter 1 in the Maximum messages sent per day (24 hours) field, and then click Apply. The Configure step window opens.
- Click Apply to save the program. The Autoresponder window opens.
- Click Activate to start. The Confirm active program window opens. Click Activate to confirm that you want to activate the program.
Note: Contacts who enter, are exited, or removed from the program are not calculated in the programs canvas or Insights panel, therefore show 0's. However, users can query by using location universal behaviors.
A Repeat (set to 0) is honored for streaming. For mobile app messaging, you can then use the frequency settings on the step to limit pushes.