You can request a custom Sender ID, the friendly name that appears on the recipient's mobile device. When you go to Send an SMS message, the Sender ID field is pre-populated with either the short code or long code number. Your organization can have unlimited custom Sender IDs.
Evan, the Acoustic Campaign channel owner, wants to use 'CityCool', a specific name for his company's Sender ID instead of using the short or long code number as the Sender ID.
Evan must open a support case to request a new Sender ID named 'CityCool'. When he uses the new custom Sender ID, the message that appears for the recipient is "CityCool.", instead of the original Sender ID short/long code number.
Request the custom Sender ID
Before you submit the SMS send, you can request a custom Sender ID. To request a custom Sender ID, open a support case. You must pay for the initial provisioning and set-up of a Sender ID for an entitled country. For additional Sender IDs for the same entitled country, there is no additional set-up cost except for possible outside mobile operator charges you would then need to pay. Depending on the country, carrier provisioning times can range from 7-14 days or longer.
Note: This also applies when you set up a campaign/automated message.
Here's a list of requirements
- International clients ONLY (Not available in the US)
- For India Sender ID, use 6 alphanumeric characters
- Clients can have more than one Sender ID assigned
- Characters can include only numbers and letters (example: a-z, A-Z, and 0-9)
- Special characters or spaces are not allowed
- Only for Spain, Sender ID can include "."
- Minimum 1 alphabet character (example: 'A')
- Maximum 11 alphabet characters and digits if the origin is alphanumeric (example: 'Companyname')
- Maximum 16 digits if the origin is numeric (example: a phone number)
- Case sensitive