Complete the following steps to generate a system statistics report.
Before you generate system statistics reports, you must enable the delivery of statistics hits from the relevant components through the Windows™ pipeline for analysis and reporting.
- Capture statistics hits: CX Passive Capture Application statistics hits can be enabled through the Delivery tab of the PCA Web Console.
- Extended Decoupler statistics hits: Statistics hits from the Extended Decoupler session agent can be enabled through the TMS Pipeline Editor. It must be enabled for each instance of the session agent in each pipeline.
- PCA statistics hits: Through the PCA Web Console, you can enable and configure the
delivery of PCA stats hits to the Transport Service, through which they are passed into the Windows pipeline for processing. Note: Statistics hits are inserted into the Experience Analytics database by the Stats Logger session agent. This session agent must be enabled and configured in your Windows pipeline.
- In the Parameters pane, specify the time period. The date and time selector is used to filter the report data to a specific time period. By default, reports are generated from the beginning of the current day to the most recent hour.
- In the Component pane, underneath each type of component, you can review and select the servers from which to report statistics:
- In the Report pane, select the system statistics to include in each report.
- To save a report as a custom system statistics report, click Save, enter a name, and click Save.
To access saved reports , select the report from the
Custom Report category in
the Report drop-down. Customized reports are available to all Experience Analytics users who
can access this screen.