There are three status reports to help you monitor indexing: Experience Analytics Status report, System status - Canister report, and System Status - Storage report.
The Experience Analytics Status report contains a wealth of information about system health. Specific to indexing, you can search a generated Status report for the "Canister Overview" section and "Canister Status" section for individual servers.
If the Session Indexer falls behind a threshold set for the number of un-indexed sessions, the Status report includes the following message:
Sessions Waiting to be Indexed has broken its threshold.
With the System Status - Storage report, you can monitor the indexing of sessions over the number
of days that sessions are retained in each server. The base report provides overall storage
requirements for each Canister or archive. In the displayed report, you can compare the values in
LSSN Sessions column to the value in the
Index Sessions column
for each day to determine if indexing is falling behind.
To generate a status report, complete the following steps.
- Login to the Portal as an administrator.
In the Portal menu, navigate to one of the following options:
- For the Experience Analytics Status report: Portal Management. In the Portal Management page, click the Logs pane in the left-navigation panel. Click the View Status link.
- For the System status - Canister report: System Status > Canister and select the canister.
- For the System Status - Storage report: System Status > Storage and select the Processing server.
- Click Refresh if necessary.