The Tracking Service component is responsible for tracking Replay Server logging information and delivering the logging data to Browser Based Replay (BBR). You can set and modify the configuration for the Tracking Service component by using TMS.
The Tracking Service must be installed and configured if administrators want access to real-time page load logging information in BBR.
Although you can configure the Tracking Service component at the command line by editing a file stored on each Experience Analytics server, the recommended approach is to make configuration changes through TMS, which allows you to make edits in one place and to apply the configuration changes to multiple servers.
To access and edit the Tracking Service configuration using TMS:
- Login to the Portal as an administrator.
- From the Portal menu, navigate TMS.
- From the WorldView panel, select Servers from the list of Views.
- From the list of servers, expand the server on which the Tracking Service is installed.
- Expand the Tracking Service node and select Tracking Service Configuration.
- In the Config Actions window, click View/Edit.
- From the Tracking Service Configuration window, click Enable Tracking to access the Edit Config Item dialog box.
- Select Yes from the drop down list to enable the Tracking Service or select No to disable it.
- From the Tracking Service Configuration window, click Tracking
Service URL to access the Edit Config Item dialog box.
You can edit the Tracking Service URL to point to a different server.