You can use the following test to check how quickly Experience Analytics processes hits. In an ideal system, the length of time between the PCA capturing a hit and it appearing in the Short Term Canister is a few seconds.
Note: If the Short Term Canister is spooling hits to disk, processing is delayed even more, and this test is not a reliable indicator of normal system performance.
- Login to the Portal.
- To display the currently active sessions, select Active > Portal.
Sort the display order by Time. Note: These operations may take up to five seconds to complete and may introduce a lag factor in the performance measurement.
- Open a clock tool in your computer, which displays the seconds hand.
- Record the start time of a new session.
- Continue refreshing the Active Sessions page until a new session begins.
- Start a new session by browsing to the web application through a new browser window.
- As soon as a new session appears, note the current value of the seconds hand.
- Open the same session in RTV or Browser-Based Replay.
- In the first hit of the session, open the request.
- In the
[timestamp]section, review the value for
- The difference in seconds between the above value and the time when the session begun provides a close approximation of the time Experience Analytics currently requires to process a new hit into the Short Term Canister.