Through the Portal, you can analyze Experience Analytics data through a simple yet powerful search interface.
For example, if visitors are reporting a particular scenario, you can search for the characteristics of the scenario. Or, if visitors are abandoning transactions, you can search these sessions and explore commonalities.
By querying data that is captured by Experience Analytics, you can locate sessions for further analysis or replay. By capturing the entire stream of request and response data, Experience Analytics provides users a rich reservoir of data that describes web application activities and issues.
Through the Portal, you can initiate searches for active sessions, completed sessions, or both types of sessions.
To initiate a search from the Portal, select Search and choose from the following search options.
- Active Sessions
- Active sessions are sessions that have not been closed by the visitor or timed out by the web application.
- Hits are added to active sessions based on visitor activity.
- The default active search template is selected and displayed in the Search page.
- Completed Sessions
- Completed sessions are sessions that have been closed, written to disk, and indexed for searching. Hits are no longer being added to these sessions.
- The default completed search template is selected and displayed in the Search page.
- All Sessions
- All sessions contain both completed and active sessions.
- The default All Sessions search template is selected and displayed in the Search page.
Performing a basic search from the Portal
To perform a basic search, complete the following steps.
- From the Portal, select Search and select the type of session to
When you select the type of session to search, a default template session type select is displayed. The current search template is listed above the search panels.
- If you want to use a template other than the default, click Select
A search template is the set of fields that you can include in your search.
Depending on the type of search, you might want to select a different session list template, which is used to specify how the search results are displayed.
- In the Search Range field, select a data range.
For searching completed sessions, you can specify a range of dates over which to search.
- From the Basic Search Fields pane on the left, select search fields to include in the search.
- Configure selected search fields.
In the main panel, you can specify the values and other conditions for the selected search fields.
- Click Search to run the search with your configured search fields.
A status of the progress of your search is displayed and then the search results are displayed.