Building searches in the Search Builder tab is the easiest method to create them. However, some searches cannot be specified by using this method. Complex event searches are searches that combine searching for events with other search terms that cannot be expressed in the Search Builder tab.
For example, suppose you want all sessions that have the event "Credit Card Invalid" and
LoginID contains Bob or Mary as your search term.
This search cannot be fully composed in the Search Builder tab, so the Advanced Search tab must be used.
When you search for an event on the Advanced Search tab, specify the event by using the unique ID assigned to that event. This information can be found in the Event Manager for each event, but the easiest way is to define the event search terms by using the Search Builder tab and to copy these terms to the Advanced Search tab.
- Select the desired event and the LoginID session attribute in the Search Builder tab.
- Click Copy to Advanced Page.
- The search is displayed in the Advanced Search tab.
- Edit the contains clause so it includes
Bob and Mary, joined by the
- You now have the search clause that you need.