External file modification rules use the same user interface as response modification rules. However, external file modification rules cannot be applied to all files in the domain.
- In RTV, select Tools > Get
This loads external content into RTV so that the file can be used to create the rule.
- In RTV, select View > Show Images.
- In the Image List dialog, locate the file to modify.
- To locate the text to be modified, select View in Notepad to display and search for the text in Notepad.
- Click Add Modify Rule, and enter a regular expression in the Pattern field, and enter an appropriate Replacement string.
- Click Test to make sure that the pattern is found. Click Diff to verify that the replacement is the wanted string.
- To create and apply the rule, click OK.