A web application can be designed so that the same page is delivered repeatedly. For example, integrated windows authentication by using NTLM causes a large number of "status code 401" page responses be issued from the server.
Another type of repeated request involves pages by using Framesets and dynamic content generation
that requests a dummy page (
Blank.html) for the initial content pane. In both
cases, it is important for cxImpact to capture the pages to properly account
for them in the site technical metrics.
Removing pages from replay
During replay in RTV, pages can be eliminated to provide a more accurate replay of the visitor experience. You can indicate for RTV to ignore specific URLs through the Viewable Pages list.
The rule that you are about to create removes from replay all pages whose URL matches the one that you are specifying. This IgnoreURL rule is applied to all matching URLs.
- You can apply wildcards to the entered URL. The
*wildcards are accepted.
- If the URL contains query parameters, you can create an IgnoreURL rule to match for all query parameters. Click Replace query string with wildcard. All instances of the URL, regardless of query parameters, are ignored during replay.
- You can use this dialog box to create an IgnoreURL rule for any URL for the current domain.
HTTP_HOSTvalues, you must manually edit the profile to ensure that the ignore rule is correctly recorded against all server_name values.
You can further refine the pattern that identifies the page to be excluded from replay that is based on request data.
Recovering a page removed from replay
When you remove a page from replay, the page is hidden from display in the Navigable Pages list and is not displayed during replay. The page is still part of the session and can be recovered.
To recover a removed page:
- Switch to Request view or Response view.
- In the Viewable Pages list, find the page that was removed.
- Right-click the page and select Replay > Delete rule which removes this page from replay.
- Click OK.
You can also remove the rule from your profile.