You can configure RTV to ignore request variables when it attempts to match URLs. When RTV attempts to match requests that are generated during replay to hits that are captured in the session, some request variables must be ignored, such as a timestamp or form field values. Through this feature, you can configure the request variables to ignore.
To create the rule:
- Request variable: In the dialog, you specify the request variable name in the textbox
- By default, this rule ignores the values only. In some cases, however, you can ignore both the name and the value of the request variable because the value is also dynamically generated. If you want to ignore both the name and its value, click the appropriate textbox.
- For some XML posts, the post body can never be matched. In these instances, you can add the
following special value for the Request variable name, which forces RTV to ignore the entire post
body for the specified matching URL:
- Matching RegEx: Optionally, you can use a regular expression to match name and optional values.
- Matching URL: In the textbox, you can specify the URL or set of URLs to which to apply
the ignore request variable rule. Enter a value in the textbox.
If the URL includes a query string (all content after a question mark
?), you can replace the query string with a wildcard, which matches for all queries for the URL. Click Enter or paste the URL with the query string included. Then, click Replace query string with wildcard.
- To create the specified rule, click OK.