CX RealiTea Viewer must be installed and configured on the desktop system of each Experience Analytics user who accesses the CX RTV application.
When CX RealiTea Viewer is started without opened sessions, it occupies approximately 13 MB of RAM. When you search for sessions, open sessions, or download sessions from the Canister, this data is stored in additional RAM that is allocated as needed.
Depending on the number of other applications that run on your system, you can fill the available address space so that CX RTV is unable to load sessions or complete operations.
When you use CX RTV:
- Constrain your searches to retrieve the minimum set of sessions.
- Avoid downloading or loading
TLAarchives containing hundreds or thousands of sessions.
- Close other desktop applications, if possible.
- The Experience Analytics software distribution includes the installation packages for each version of CX RealiTea Viewer. Depending on your role and permissions, you can install CX RealiTea Viewer directly from the installation package directory.
- In the appropriate directory, run the RTV Setup program
- If you have previously installed an earlier version of RTV, you must uninstall it before you install the new version. Your settings are preserved between installs.
- After you uninstall RTV, run
setup.exeagain to install the new version.
- Select the language that you want to use for the installation screens and click OK.
- In the Welcome screen, click Next.
- In the License screen, click the I accept the terms of the license agreement. Click Next.
- To choose a different directory from the default one, click Browse. Browse to select a directory where you want to install RTV.
- Click Next.
- When you are ready to install, click Install. The installation
When the installation finishes, the Installation Complete screen is displayed.
- When the Installation Complete screen is displayed, click Finish.
Auto-configuring RTV from the master server
After the RTV administrator configures the user profile, you can enter the connection information to the master Replay Server and acquire the user profile.
- Start RTV.
- In the RTV menu, select Tools > AutoConfig from TeaLeaf Master.
- In the list of available cxImpact systems, select the top node of
the master server with which you want to sync.
- Below each master server node, you can review the different servers and port numbers relevant to RTV that are part of the cxImpact deployment.
- If the master server is not listed, enter the simple host name in the cxImpact Server textbox and click Add. If RTV is able to connect to the server, it is added to the list.
- To sync with a listed server, click the server name in the server tree.
- To use the shared profile that is stored on the server, click the Used
Shared Profile check box. Note: If no shared profile is available on the server, your local profile is unchanged.
- To configure your local installation of RTV to work with the selected cxImpact server, click Configure RealiTeaViewer to use this
system.Note: It is recommended that you configure RTV to auto-configure by using servers of the same version as the RTV installation.
- To use the shared profile that is stored on the server, click the Used Shared Profile check box.
- After you complete the auto-configuration, click Exit.
Updating your local profile
If your RTV administrator periodically updates the common profile, you must configure RTV to check for updates.
- In the RTV menu, select Tools > Options.
- Click the Profiles tab.
- Under the Default Profile, enter the server from which to acquire the default profile.
- Select the Check for Updates at Startup check box.
- Click Check for Updates Now.
- To save changes, click OK.
Connect to Search server
The Search servers to which RTV must submit queries must be specified.
To configure, click Connect to Search Server and enter the name or IP address of each Search Server.
- Typically, this name is the name of a Processing Server or an All-in-One server in the cxImpact system.
- Add each cxImpact server in the system.
After you populate the list of Search Servers, the Search Setup dialog displays each Search Server to which you can connect and the indexes available on each Search Server.
Configuring RTV for users who edit events
The Event Manager enables users with the appropriate permissions to create, edit, and delete Experience Analytics events and related data.
- If you have not done so already, you must complete the configuration steps for RTV users.
- In the RTV menu, select Tools > Options.
- Click the cxImpact tab.
- If Portal authentication is enabled, enter the user name and password to use to connect to the server.
- To save your configuration changes, click OK.
- Users of the Event Manager must be part of the
Event Admingroup in cxImpact.
- To test the connection, in the RTV menu, select Edit > Event Editor.The Events tab of the Event Manager opens, displaying all event definitions on the server.