When you run a search in RTV, the set of sessions that returned is known as a result set. For repeated searches or searches that require more detailed analysis, RTV enables you to save result sets and then retrieve, share, and manage them.
RTV result sets window
In the Result Sets window, each available result set is listed.
- By default, RTV result sets are configured to expire after seven days. Expired result sets are no longer available.
- In addition to the result sets that you create, the list can contain result sets that are shared with you based on your authorization group.
In the Result Set Options window, you can configure properties that are applied to newly generated result sets.
Setting Result Set Expiration
You can configure the number of days after which result sets expire. Increasing the number of days increases the storage requirements for result sets on the Search Server on which they are created.
To disable expiration of result sets, click Result sets never expire. When selected, result sets must be deleted to be removed from the Search Server.
Sharing Result Sets
To share result sets with members of selected groups, click the Shared check box. To select the sharing groups, enter the group names as comma-separated list in the text box or click Groups to select them.
The list of available groups to which you can share new result sets depends on whether Portal or NT domain authentication mode is enabled.
Creating result sets
By default, RTV does not create result sets when a search is run. You can configure RTV to create result sets for you whenever a search is run.
- In the RTV menu, select Tools > Result Sets.
- In theResult Sets window, click the Create a result set on each search check box.
- Click OK.
Whenever a search is run through RTV from your desktop, a result set is created on search server and is accessible through the Result Sets window. Result sets can also be created when you search through the Portal.
You can configure RTV to retrieve result sets that you created or that have been shared with your authentication group from any server in the Experience Analytics environment.
- By default, result sets are stored on the server that hosts the Portal. To configure the
appropriate server, select Tools > AutoConfig from
In a multi-server environment, this server may be different from the configured Search Server for RTV.
- To retrieve result sets from a different Portal server, enter the host name and port number in
the textbox at the top of the window in the form
- To configure RTV to create a result set whenever you run a search, click Create a result set on each search. The result set is stored on the configured Portal Server.
Merging result sets
You can complete union and intersection operations on multiple result sets to create additional
result sets. The new result set is listed with a name of
Intersection followed by the timestamp of when it was run. The Search String column
contains the details of which result sets were combined to create the new one.
- To create a union result set, select two or more result sets and click Union.
- To create an intersection result set, select two or more result sets and click Intersect.
- You can complete these operations on Union or Intersection result sets.
- Generated Union or Intersection result sets are not shared by default.