During replay of active or completed sessions, annotations can be added to the stored session to provide contextual information that is supplied by the Experience Analytics user.
For example, if the session covers a problematic customer transaction, a customer support representative can add an annotation through RTV to identify the page where the customer had the problem.
- Annotations that are created on pages that are identified as non-viewable are moved to the preceding viewable page in the session.
- Annotations are not saved in exported archive files (
TLA).Note: After you create annotations, you can search for them through RTV and through the Portal. For search purposes, it is useful to employ a standardized lexicon for annotations.
To add an annotation:
- Click the Replay tool in the toolbar to select Replay view.
- Select the page to which you wish to add an annotation.
- Right-click the main window, and select Add Annotation.
In the RTV menu, you may also select Tools > Add Annotation.
- In the pop-up, enter the text of the annotation.
The annotation is added to the page in Replay view as a yellow window or icon, if the annotation is closed. The open state is saved with the annotation and is restored on subsequent loads of the session data.
In the Viewable Pages list, you can identify pages that contain annotations by scanning the Yellow Icon column.
After you have added, edited, or deleted an annotation, the session is queued for re-indexing. When the session has been re-indexed, changes to its annotations are now available for search.
If multiple changes are made to a single session, each change is queued. If possible, the indexer re-indexes all changes at the same time.