This scenario presents the minimum configuration needed to send a message when a geofence is crossed. The program references no particular store and is invoked whenever a geofence is entered.
Make sure you fulfil the following conditions:
- You are defining mobile app messages for Android devices only.
- A mobile push-enabled database is already set up for the contact source.
- DLA is provisioned for the organization.
- The location administrator, developer, and marketer have appropriate privileges to access Acoustic Campaign.
Steps for the location administrator
In Device Location Awareness (DLA), create sites and add geofences to each site:
- Go to the sites list page and click Add new site.
- Provide site information and then save the site definition.
- Click the Geofence icon.
- Enter a name, description, and radius for each geofence, and then save the geofence definition. In this scenario, enter 500 m for the radiuses. Do not change the default dwell times.
Steps for the developer
- Integrate the Acoustic Mobile App Messaging SDK. For instructions, go to Mobile SDK overview.
- Configure the SDK for integration with beacons. For instructions, go to: Device Location Awareness.
Steps for the marketer
Create a simple mobile app message
- In Acoustic Campaign, go to Content > Mobile messages and click Create mobile app message. The Select message draft page opens.
- Click New draft to open the Set up your message page.
- Set up the message by selecting an app group, a contact source from a mobile app message database, and the Simple mobile app message type. Provide a delivery name, location, and campaign name, and then click Continue.
- Enter the message content. Depending on the platform(s) you want to send the message to, click the Enter Android content or Enter iOS contet tab(s). When you are finished configuring the messages, click Continue. The Finalize your message page opens.
- Click Publish and Continue to publish the mobile app message. The Confirm and publish window opens.
- Review the information about the mobile app message and then click Publish to make the mobile app message available to programs.
Create a program that sends the mobile app message
- In the Campaign menu, select Automation > Programs and click the Create new program button.
- In the template gallery, click the Autoresponder tile to open the program canvas.
- Click Settings. In the Edit program settings page.
- In the Program name field, provide a name for the program.
- Click the Select contact source button, choose a mobile push-enabled database, and click Done.
- Select Add contacts when the following events occur: and then choose the Universal behavior option from the Add behavior dropdown.
- Select Location – Entered a geofence and click Configure. In this scenario, the trigger is based on the appKeys of the apps running on the mobile devices and the distance: near location attribute.
- Select appKey, contains one of the following, and all your app keys.
- Click the Plus sign and then select locationAttributeIDs, contains one of the following, and distance:near. Click Apply to save the event.
- If you want the program to repeat and send the message more than once, check the Allow contacts to repeat program box and enter the number of days.
- In the Start program on field, specify a start date.
- Click Save and edit flow. The Autoresponder window opens.
- Click Configure in the Autoresponder tile. The Configure step window opens.
- Set the interaction to Send mobile app message and click Configure.
- In the Select a mobile app message window, go to the App group drop-down and select the app group that is associated with your published message. Choose the mobile app message that you published in step 8 and then click Done.
- Review the mobile app message configuration. In this scenario, you are not configuring frequency limits. Click Apply.
- In the Configure step window, click Apply to save the program. The Autoresponder window opens.
- Click Activate to start. The Confirm active program window opens. Click Activate to confirm that you want to activate the program.