The CRM and marketing administrators will use Scribe Online to map Contact and Lead ﬁelds between Acoustic Campaign and SugarCRM.
To create a Scribe Online solution and configure the fields mappings for the SugarCRM Integration, you must complete the following tasks:
- Create a new Acoustic Campaign flexible contact database and custom fields for the purpose of mapping it with SugarCRM.
This database should not contain any pre-loaded contacts. Scribe Online is used to load the leads and contacts from your CRM.
- Install the customization module into your SugarCRM organization.
- Create a Scribe Online “Connection” to your SugarCRM organization.
- Create a Scribe Online “Connection” to your Acoustic Campaign organization. 1. Download the SugarCRM Lead and Contact maps here.
- Download the SugarCRM Lead and Contact maps here.
- Create an Integration Solution in Scribe Online. Name the new solution 'Standard CRM Acoustic Campaign Sync' or something similar for easy identification.
- Extract the zip file of the SugarCRM maps and import the AcousticCampaign_SugarCRM_LeadandContacts.json file into the new Solution. This contains 7 separate maps used to manage the syncing of leads and contacts.
There are other maps within the zip available for other features. It’s advised to work through the Lead/Contact mapping first and then you may import additional maps as needed.
- Edit each map and reassign the connections for each map. Be careful to reassign the placeholder connection with your Acoustic Campaign and SugarCRM connections. For example, reassign the Acoustic Campaign placeholder connection with your Acoustic Campaign Connection.
- Resolve initial map errors. Once you’ve reassigned the connections for each of the maps, you’ll notice that there are some errors throughout the mapping blocks. These occur because there exists maps and matching conditions that reference a sample database. They exist to illustrate important system mappings and are intended to be REPLACED, not removed. Do not delete these system field mappings without a replacement.
- For maps where Acoustic Campaign is the Source, start with the Query block on the top of each map, replace the Entity selection with your flexible database’s equivalent, paying special attention to the _Lead or _Contact suffix. Work your way down to each block and identify and replace the invalid matching condition and/or fields mapping.
- For maps where Acoustic Campaign is the Target, you should see a section for “Unmatched mappings” on the right field pane. Take special care to re-map these fields and remove the unmatched maps.
- More information about Scribe Online mapping errors found here: https://help.scribesoft.com/scribe/en/index.htm#advsys/maps/adv_errors.htm
- Map additional user-defined fields that you intend to sync for Leads and Contacts.
Generally, you’ll want to map fields that will be useful for segmentation, personalization and scoring. The following maps are where you would map the fields of your choice per direction. Keep in mind, if you map a field in both directions, updates are expected to be sync’d both ways and will overwrite either system.
- Acoustic Campaign to SugarCRM - Lead Sync
- Acoustic Campaign to SugarCRM - Contact Sync
- SugarCRM to Acoustic Campaign - Lead Sync
- SugarCRM to Acoustic Campaign - Contact Sync
- Leave the Solution “On Demand” so you can run some manual synchronization tests to and from CRM.
For an initial testing, its suggested to leave the solution as On Demand and only check the “Sync to Acoustic Campaign” box on a few sample CRM records where ALL of the mapped fields are populated, run the solution a couple times to allow the data to complete a round-trip synchronization with CRM. If you are going to be generating new Leads in Campaign, then enter in a sample record in Campaign to test the ‘insert’ into CRM. Evaluate the data in both Acoustic Campaign and CRM. If the data appears as expected in both environments, then proceed to check the box on a larger population of CRM records you want to sync to Acoustic Campaign.
- Once testing is complete check the “Sync to Acoustic Campaign” on those Leads and Contacts you want to sync to Acoustic Campaign, then Schedule the solution as needed.
The above instructions account for the standard Lead and Contact sync. More maps are available for additional integration features and can be imported into the same Solution. They should be placed in sequence after the initial Lead/Contact maps, allowing the sync of the leads/contacts to be processed first, before the additional maps run.