Earlier this year, we launched Acoustic ID and took our first step toward unified user management across our platform. You can find out more about Acoustic ID here: Create an Acoustic ID.
Now, we're taking unified user management a step forward with My Acoustic, beginning in late September.
Introducing My Acoustic
As we move toward a unified experience, we're excited to announce user management in My Acoustic, beginning September 25. My Acoustic provides a single point of entry for all of your Acoustic products. Your unique instance of a product is now called a subscription.
You can access My Acoustic from your product's profile menu, or directly from this URL: https://app.goacoustic.com/my-acoustic
Add a user
From the user management page, an administrator can easily add users by entering the user’s first and last name along with their email address. The user’s email address will be their Acoustic ID.
Users are assigned a role, which can vary depending on the product the user is being added to. Users and administrators have access to the product, but administrators can also add and remove users from product subscriptions. Product-specific roles can still be assigned within the product UI, except for Acoustic Content, Personalization, Exchange, and Journey Analytics roles, which are assigned from the subscriptions in My Acoustic.
If an administrator adds a user who does not already have an Acoustic ID, an Acoustic ID is automatically created for the user. The user will need to activate their Acoustic ID using a link that’s sent to them via email. The user will be prompted to establish a security question, which is required to activate their account. After that, they’ll get another email with a link to log in to the product.
If the user already has an Acoustic ID, the user is added to the selected product subscription and a welcome email is sent to the user with a link to log in to the product.
Note: An Acoustic ID is not activated until the user creates a password and establishes a security question. If the user doesn't fully activate their Acoustic ID, their account may become locked. An administrator can reset the password for this user in My Acoustic, which sends an email to the user with a password reset link. From that link, the user can activate their account by creating a new password and establishing a security question.
Every user has a status to help administrators manage their users.
- Activating: The user has been sent an email to activate their Acoustic ID, but the Acoustic ID has not yet been activated.
- Active: The user has completed activating their Acoustic ID and their account is in good standing.
- Password expired: The user’s password has expired and needs to be changed. Either the user or the administrator can change the password.
- Locked: The user has entered their password incorrectly too many times, which locks their account. The user will need to wait for their administrator to unlock the user’s account for them. If the user belongs to more than one subscription and has a locked account, reach out to Acoustic support to unlock the account.
- Password recovery: The administrator has reset the user’s password. The user will get an email prompting them to create a new password for their Acoustic ID.
Manage Acoustic Content, Personalization, Exchange, and Journey Analytics users
Beginning September 25, user management for Acoustic Content, Personalization, Exchange, and Journey Analytics will move to My Acoustic. Creating, editing, and removing users will all be done from My Acoustic.
Manage Acoustic Campaign users
Beginning September 25, adding a user to Acoustic Campaign will be a 3-step process.
- The user's Acoustic ID must be added to the Campaign subscription in My Acoustic.
- The user will also need a Campaign ID generated for them within Campaign's user management page. For more details on generating a Campaign ID, go to Create organization users.
- After the user has been added to the subscription, and a Campaign ID has been generated for them, they'll be prompted to link their Acoustic ID with their Campaign ID the first time they log in to Campaign. They can link additional Campaign IDs by opening their profile menu in the top banner and clicking Settings.
To remove a user from Acoustic Campaign, remove the user from the subscription in My Acoustic. Then, disable the Campaign user ID from Campaign's user management page.
Linking a Campaign ID to a new Acoustic ID
All users with an IBMid had an Acoustic ID created for them with the same username. If an IBMid was linked to a Campaign ID, that link carries over to the Acoustic ID. If a user needs to link that Campaign ID to a different Acoustic ID, an administrator must unlink the Campaign ID from the existing Acoustic ID within Campaign's user management. The user will then be able to link a new Acoustic ID with their Campaign ID.
Manage Acoustic Analytics users
Beginning September 25, Acoustic ID will be enabled for Acoustic Analytics users.
Manage Digital Analytics users
If an administrator needs to add a user to Digital Analytics, they'll need to add the user to the subscription in My Acoustic, and then add the user to Digital Analytics from the Journey Analytics user management page.
To remove a user from Digital Analytics, remove them from the subscription in My Acoustic, then remove them from the Journey Analytics user management page as well.
Note: Journey Analytics provides an in-product user management area that previously served both Journey Analytics and Digital Analytics. With Journey Analytics' integration with Acoustic ID, this in-product user management area is now solely for the purpose of managing users for Digital Analytics. For more information, check out Administering Digital Analytics (Admin tools).
Manage Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) users
If an administrator needs to add a user to Tealeaf, they'll need to add the user to the subscription in My Acoustic first, and then go to Tealeaf user management to grant the user access to applications. Administrators must grant users access to at least one application within Tealeaf before users can access the product. Additional roles can be assigned to Tealeaf users from Tealeaf user management as well.
Changes to Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) roles
After My Acoustic is released, the OrgAdmin role will be replaced by an administrator. And, the RegularUser role will be replaced by the user.
|Before My Acoustic||After My Acoustic|
If you need to change a Tealeaf user to an administrator or change an administrator to a user, you'll need to edit the user's role from My Acoustic user management. These roles can't be changed in Tealeaf user management.