In February, we shared with you our vision for bringing strategic enhancements to The Acoustic Marketing Platform.
Acoustic will help you drive better business and marketing results through major investments in these areas (user-centric design, open ecosystem, performance, scalability, embedded AI) and through new product and services enhancements including AI-powered anomaly detection in automation programs, distributed marketing for franchises, business impact analytics for identifying user experience improvement ROI, and premium support.
As part of this effort, Acoustic Digital Analytics will undergo meaningful enhancements, some of which may require action by you.
|April 1||Launch of new Support portal and help center; Acoustic ID required to open support tickets|
|April 1||New Acoustic URLs available for setup|
|June 6||Infrastructure upgrades for all Digital Analytics customers|
|June 30||Certain IBM-branded domains will cease functioning; customers will be required to use new URLs.||Detailed list of URL changes|
|Digital Analytics modernization / all customers transition to latest version of Digital Analytics.||Exciting changes coming this summer|
|September 25||Acoustic ID enablement; use Acoustic ID to log in to Digital Analytics||Get ready for Acoustic ID|
On March 25, we announced Acoustic ID, a new login method for accessing Acoustic products and services. Over time, Acoustic ID will provide a unified login experience across all Acoustic products and supporting websites, granting you a single profile to access all of the products and services that you know and love.
As of April 1, Acoustic ID is required in order to access Acoustic Support at support.goacoustic.com.
To access Acoustic Digital Analytics, users will continue to login with their IBMid or their existing username / password credentials until Digital Analytics enables Acoustic ID support in late September 2020.
On September 25, Acoustic ID will be enabled for Acoustic Digital Analytics. Learn more about how to get ready for Acoustic ID.
We are delivering enhancements to bring you greater scalability and flexibility, support data residency requirements, and provide speed and improved reliability. As part of that effort, we will be performing infrastructure upgrades for Acoustic Digital Analytics customers in early June.
No action is needed by you or your organization at this time in order for these infrastructure upgrades to be applied.
Infrastructure upgrades in support of these enhancements will be performed during scheduled maintenance windows; specific dates and information will be provided in advance of those windows. In conjunction with these upgrades, the Acoustic Analytics product datasheet has been updated with additional detail.
*If your contract is retained by IBM, please refer to the IBM product datasheet containing similar information.
Acoustic is providing a streamlined user experience across products, including updated branding, improved navigation, and a modern design. These enhancements include updates to how users access and integrate with Acoustic products.
What is happening?
Beginning on April 1, 2020, Acoustic will transfer URLs for all Acoustic products to Acoustic-branded domains. These changes primarily affect IBM-branded domains, such as digitalanalytics.ibmcloud.com and customer-engagement.ibm.com. This transfer includes domains for user interfaces, as well as domains for API integrations, SFTP connections, and software SDKs. Note that welcome.coremetrics.com is not impacted at this time.
Please refer to these detailed instructions and accompanying dates.
You can begin using the new URLs on April 1.
What do I need to do?
If you currently use a report API, you will need to change the URL to accommodate the Acoustic domain or generate a new URL directly from the UI. For example, when generating a report API prior to April 1, the URL will begin with:
As of April 1, the URL will begin with:
Note: the above example uses the US URLs. Replace with the EU URL if necessary.
What else can I expect for Digital Analytics?
This summer, all Digital Analytics customers will transition to the newest version of Acoustic Digital Analytics. Further details regarding the transition will be coming soon, but here’s a sneak peak of some of the work we’ll be completing in the meantime:
- Dashboard capabilities, including Real Time Monitor and an Enterprise Dashboard roll up, flexible drag & drop capabilities, and custom views, modernized and integrated into your analytics workflow.
- Intraday Reporting, across Top Line Metrics and select standard reports.
- Invalid Tag Reports, to better understand which tags are impacting reporting.
- Data Integrity Processing (DIP) to more easily validate online and offline orders.
- Marketing Attribution Settings, with expanded attribution options like custom models and time decay.
- Custom Metrics to allow you to create custom KPIs based on segments, filters or other events.
- Benchmark Comparison integrated into reporting workflow for easy industry comparison.
- Extended Data Download will enable a download of your report data from any standard report or flat list ad-hoc report exceeding 50,000 rows.
We’ll also be updating the interface based on user feedback to reflect a more user-friendly, holistic, Acoustic style.
As we transition from the existing versions of Digital Analytics into a more focused, modernized product, we’ll be making changes to some features and functionality. For example, the LiveView heatmap will be replaced by Overstat, a rich heatmapping capability from Experience Analytics that features not only link and heat maps, but also accessibility maps, attention maps, and form analytics.
Follow along here for additional details.
Acoustic is actively working on these and other improvements and intend to make these available to you in our next major release in July 2020.
Stay tuned for more information in our upcoming monthly communications, where we’ll share more details on the new features and dates for enablement and training.
Support, help center, and other resources
As of April 1, 2020, Acoustic has transitioned to a new Support portal. Additionally:
- Customers will no longer be able to raise cases via the existing IBM Support portals.
- The phone numbers for contacting Customer Support have changed and you are no longer be able to use the existing numbers for raising cases. To contact support, call:
United States: +1 866-820-5136
United Kingdom: +44 808 169 2385
- Additional regional numbers to follow
- If you need assistance accessing the new Support portal, please see our help center for assistance.
Continuing beyond April 1, you will still use all existing usernames and passwords to access Acoustic products as you do today, though look out for future updates as additional Acoustic products enable Acoustic ID.
- Chat will be available as a support channel across the majority of Acoustic products.
- We have changed our Severity Levels; moving to 3 levels of severity based upon the impact to your business.
- We have changed how we measure your Support experience to Net Promoter Score, you will receive a survey for both Cases and Chats and we encourage you to complete and provide feedback on your experience with Acoustic Support.
Customer feedback and ideas
We're listening! We value your feedback and are constantly working to improve our products so that you can do your job easily and effectively. We're excited to announce the new Acoustic Ideas portal at ideas.goacoustic.com. You can sign up to suggest new ideas, or vote and comment on existing ideas, by self-registering on the portal. Look for Acoustic ID to be enabled soon!
If you used our previous Ideas portal, all ideas and votes have been transitioned. You may need to re-subscribe to your favorite ideas in order to receive update notifications - you can do this by clicking on an Idea and selecting the "Subscribe" button to receive email status updates.