Holiday Readiness Program
Bring it on, holidays! Be prepared for the upcoming holiday season with Acoustic’s new 2020 Holiday Readiness Program. Download our product-specific guidelines for recommendations to optimize peak program activity.
Our Support and Services team is available to help make your peak season successful. If you should need any assistance, please let us know how we can help.
Session retention comes to Tealeaf
You will be able now be able to retain specific sessions for longer than their default expiration. Sessions can be extended from the replay and session search result screen. You can now see how many days are left before a session expires.
Users enabled by the admin can extend the default expiration date by 1, 7, or 30 days. You cannot extend a session’s expiration date beyond 90 days.
Within three days of a session expiring, you will see the icon and text appear in red.
To take advantage of this feature, users will need to have the setting enabled for them. As an administrator, you can do that for any user account or group. Go to System > Portal management > cx User Administration > Groups > select group and scroll to the bottom to see the option to enable.
Hybrid mobile support
Replay is getting better! In this release, we have added support for replaying sessions from Hybrid Mobile applications for iOS. Replaying sessions from Hybrid Mobile applications in Android is currently not supported.
Improvements to BBR
We are constantly working to improve your Tealeaf experience. This includes a focus on usability and redesigning the interface to be in line with other Acoustic products.
What this means for you:
- Play controls are now below the replay screen.
- Tabs for Replay, Request, and Response are now aligned to the left.
- Session attributes are now easier to read with icons that represent browsers and operating systems. Attributes that aren't visible can be found in the overflow menu.
- We display frequently used actions as icons on the right side of the tab bar, such as refresh, share via link or email, annotation, send to Event Tester, and more. Refresh was moved from the left page list to this area.
- We’ve made sharing easier by putting all sharing options at your fingertips under a new share icon.
- The page list now displays different icons depending on the type of UI event, such as click, change value, tap, etc.
- The page list only displays page, URL, and time. All other information is still available in the full page list, which you can access from the page list icon or from View > Full page list menu. Truncated URLs or other values can be viewed on hover.
Other changes and upgrades
- In Tealeaf 10.1, FairCom's c-tree in the memory database has been upgraded to version 11.5. This provides improved performance and better security.
- The Enhanced replay feature introduced in Tealeaf 10.0 is now improved and supported for iOS. This functionality is not supported for Android mobile native applications.
- Passwords for Canister and PCA can be added in the interface, so you don’t need to update them in the database. This also means the passwords won’t get overwritten when you update your configuration.
Note: If you have more than one canister configured, then all canisters should share the same username and password. If more than one PCA is configured, then all PCAs should have the same username and password.
- Tealeaf can now send emails from a password-protected STMP server.
- In the top navigation bar, Tealeaf is now System.
Good to know
- Once you upgrade your version 9.0.2A (fix pack 7) to 10.1, copy the
ReplayConfig.jsfile from the folder
<installation directory>\Configuration Filesto
<installation directory>\Portal\WebApp\js. Without this, the replay may not work properly.
Note: This only applies to version 9.0.2A (fix pack 7).
- In some cases, BBR may not render correct images. This can happen if the Shadow DOM application is not providing selected attributes, and, due to browser limitations, UIC cannot clone Shadow DOM nodes. As a result, UIC cannot apply client side fixes to Shadow DOM content that it would normally be able to apply to the regular DOM. To work around this limitation, the Shadow DOM application should always specify the “selected” attribute for the selected option in the list.
- During replay, the value entered in some text fields is blank when another field is selected. The form values aren’t being retained because the value attribute is not set in the DOM, so UISDK can’t capture the field value for the type 12 message. The change UI events show the value, but when there’s a new DOM snapshot, it loses the set value.
- In Firefox, focus/blur events are fired on the document when the browser window is sent to foreground or background. While you’re viewing such an UI event page in BBR, the complete page may appear highlighted based on the target ID value captured with HTML doc.
These are the issues we know about and possible workarounds:
- This version has a limited Safari support. We recommend that you use another browser in order to avoid certain issues:
- Some aspx pages don’t work as expected.
- You might get logged out during session replay. This can be fixed by changing the “Open BBR in new Window” property under User preferences to “Disable.”
- Depending on replay rules configured, there might be an issue displaying a proper NavList.
ONin Tealeaf registry and you log in to the Portal and go to System > Portal Management > Logs and click 'View Tealeaf Status', on some of the servers the resulting Tealeaf Status report can be blank. If you encounter this, follow these steps on your Windows Server machine where you have Tealeaf installed:
- In the registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > .NETFramework > v4.0.30319.
- In the pane on the right, add new DWORD (32 bit) value with name as
SchUseStrongCryptoand set its Hexadecimal value to
- Restart your machine.
- When packet forwarder and/or software packet router applications are upgraded to version 10.1, then after upgrade, the application binaries are placed in folder in
/usr/local/ctccap/bin. This causes an error while starting application service. To fix this issue, copy the application binaries located in the
/usr/local/ctccap/bin/bin-debugfolder to its parent folder: