Exchange Capture allows you to gather tags in deployment groups and apply rules to those groups to control when and where tags are applied to your content.
Later, you can apply tag rules to a subset of tags within the group so that a tag's application can be defined individually.
Add deployment rules
You can define the rules for page identifiers by adding conditions. It will apply to the entire group when the rules are true.
Create a deployment group
You can identify a set of website pages that have a set of tags in common, and then create a deployment group for easy testing and deploying of tags on those pages.
- Click Deployment groups in the main navigation of the Exchange Capture.
- Click Create Deployment Group in the Deployment Groups window.
- Provide details about the deployment group:
- Enter a name for the deployment group.
- Select a category for the deployment group. You can create a category by clicking Add new, entering a name for the category, and then clicking Add.
- Enter a description of the deployment group.
- Click Next.
- Add a deployment group rule by specifying at least one condition.
- Select an operator (if, if not, and, and not, or). When you define the first condition, only the "if" and "if not" operators are available. When you define the second condition, the "and" and "and not" operators are available. In subsequent conditions, the "and", "and not", and "or" operators are available.
- Select an attribute, such as Page Identifier.
- Select an operand for the attribute (equals, starts with, ends with, contains, match wildcard, match regular expression, does not equal, does not start with, does not end with, does not contain, does not match wildcard, does not match regular expression).
- Enter a text value for the attribute operand.
- If you want to add more conditions, Create (+) and repeat steps 4-1 to 4-4.
- Click Create group. The edit group window opens for the newly created deployment group where you can finish setting up the group by adding tags and tag rules.
- In the Tags tab of the edit group window for the newly created deployment group, click Add tag to add a tag to your new deployment group. For details, check out Add tags to deployment groups.
Example 1: Add a deployment rule using custom HTML values
You want a tag to be applied only if the following values are found in the HTML code on your deployment group's web pages.
<div class="acoustic-container" id="acoustic-promotion-module">
Add a deployment rule with Custom Value as the deployment rule criterion.
Ensure that you select HTML as the deployment rule method. When populating the fields, enter div in the Element field, class in the Attribute field, and acoustic-container as the value after the operator.
Example 2: Build a deployment rule with multiple conditions
To build a deployment rule that includes all the pages on your website whose page identifiers contain the string cart, but excludes pages whose page identifiers contain the string checkout: