The Test Tool allows you to immediately test the implementation of a page after you deploy a deployment group to the test environment. Before you start testing, check out these sections:
Testing is performed based on the most recent deployment group logic that you deploy to the test environment. Additional information to consider:
To use the page testing feature, your browser must be HTML5-compliant.
- The ability to open the test page and test tool in separate windows is not supported in Internet Explorer. To activate test reports on the Digital Analytics test system, contact Acoustic Support.
If your deployment group uses Digital Analytics tags, when you deploy it to the test environment, the cookie domain for the group's pages is overridden to testdata.coremetrics.com. Tag data from those pages is sent to your test client ID.
Two reporting environments are available to you: test and production.
- Use the test environment while tags are in development (your development and staging environments).
- Use the production environment after the tags are moved to the live production site.
The data collection domain and reporting URL for the test environment are shown in the following table.
To test tags by URL:
- Select Test tool in the main navigation of Exchange Capture.
- Enter a URL where you want to test tags.
- Specify where you want to view site and page analysis:
- Single window provides a single window for analysis.
- Separate windows provides a more flexible choice as it separates the page tested with the diagnostic windows.
- Select an option for analyzing tags:
- Analyze tag only verifies that the tag field data is available and correct without actually sending the data.
- Analyze tag and send tag data sends the tag data to its target. This is useful if the first option confirms the tags are set up correctly but it is not known if the actual data is being sent correctly.
- Click Run test. If you encounter errors, check out Test tool error messages.
- Navigate in the displayed page as you would in any web browser. When you click links on the displayed page, or enter another page URL, the tag results table refreshes to show test results for the current page tags. For information about analyzing test results, check out Analyze test results.
Analyze test results
The Tag Results Table displays at the bottom of the browser window when you test deployment groups, showing the results of the tags that executed on the current page. Use the controls above the table to filter or customize your view of the results.