Global settings define how pages are identified and how tag processing for deployment groups is performed. You set up global settings for your partner applications when you perform the initial setup for the Exchange Capture. Later, if you want to edit these settings, you can go to Global Settings in the main navigation.
To edit global settings:
- In Global Settings, set up a unique page identifier for your partner applications by configuring a method. For information about unique page identifiers, check out Unique page identifiers. For information about methods, check out Methods and their associated parameters.
- Select a deployment group tagging process for deployed tag groups. This setting is important when an individual page belongs to more than one deployment group.
- Execute tags in all tag deployment groups - If you have multiple deployment groups deployed, execute all tags in the deployment groups.
- Execute tags in only the first tag deployment group - Execute all tags in the first deployment group which satisfies the deployment group rules criteria. Tags in any other deployment group are not executed.
If you deployed the same tag across multiple deployment groups that each include the same page and you select Execute tags in all deployment groups, the tag is syndicated multiple times. In this scenario, selecting Execute tags in only the first deployment group prevents the same tag that has been deployed in multiple deployment groups from being syndicated more than once.
- Choose tracking options to stop tracking tags from executing in specific browsers when the Do Not Track setting is enabled on the browser. By default, the Exchange Capture always executes tracking tags. Available options include:
- Honor DNT settings in Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Honor DNT settings in browsers other than Internet Explorer
- Click Update settings.