Acoustic is committed to enabling companies to comply with all relevant privacy legislation – this includes European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California’s new Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), and more.
Please note that this document does not provide legal advice nor does it provide procedural advice for overall enterprise GDPR or CCPA compliance. Please see the notice at the end of this document.
California Rights and Choices. California residents can request to exercise the following rights:
- The Right to Know any or all of the following information relating to their personal information that you have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of their identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information you have collected about them;
- The categories of personal information you have collected about them;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that you have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information you have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The Right to Request Deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales to third parties now or in the future.
Our products introduced a wide range of new capabilities to help companies comply with GDPR that can be used to comply with the Right to Know and Right to Request Deletion aspects of the CCPA regulation.
Manually Processing CCPA Requests through the Product Interface
Instructions to manually process CCPA Right to Deletion and Right to Know requests are found in the Acoustic help center: Accessing CCPA and GDPR requests through the Acoustic Campaign user interface
Programmatically Processing CCPA Requests through APIs
Instructions to programmatically process CCPA Right to Deletion requests using the Campaign APIs are found in the Acoustic developer documentation: Perform CCPA and GDPR Right to Erasure with Acoustic Campaign Automation APIs
Instructions to programmatically process CCPA Right to Know requests using the Campaign APIs are found in the Acoustic developer documentation: Perform CCPA and GDPR Right of Access with Acoustic Campaign Automation APIs
Clients are responsible for ensuring their own compliance with various laws and regulations, including the GDPR and CCPA. Clients are solely responsible for obtaining advice of competent legal counsel as to the identification and interpretation of any relevant laws and regulations that may affect the clients’ business and any actions the clients may need to take to comply with such laws and regulations. The products, services, and other capabilities described herein are not suitable for all client situations and may have restricted availability. Acoustic does not provide legal, accounting, or auditing advice or represent or warrant that its services or products will ensure that clients are in compliance with any law or regulation.