Originally published January 29, 2020
What's the deal with all these different Reporting areas in Campaign?
All Campaign Reporting will be replaced by Performance Insights by October 2020. Before you get nervous… Read this post to receive more information on the plan around how this will be completed.
The Performance Insights team has a lot to do! We want to make sure we don’t implement the same pain points you have with old reporting in Performance Insights. The gaps Performance Insights will be closing are listed below (in no particular order):
- Top Link Updates: Updates will be made to the link history widget in Performance Insights so it can be editable for all users.
- Scheduled reports: Schedule a shared link to be sent to your email inbox.
- Transact data: Performance Insights will consume Transact Data
- Heat maps: View an image of your communication
- Conversion Amount: Add this metric to your widgets
- Filter by Tags: Filter an entire report on a Tag
- Data Reports: View the performance of your queries, contact lists, and databases
- Top Domains: View how domains are performing
- Dynamic Content: More robust reporting on Dynamic Content
- Programs Reports: Filter your reports on program data: Step Name, Path Name
- Scoring Reports: Basic level reporting on scoring models
- Metric Additions: Adding more metrics for use within widgets and tables
- Filter by Query and Contact List: Filter your reports on Queries and Contact Lists you create in Campaign
- Contact level data: View email and customer level data
And many more…
What is the communication plan around this deprecation?
We're streamlining reporting over the next few months and in October we plan to have a centralized place for reporting. This means that old reporting will be going away soon and now is the time to begin switching over to Performance Insights. Stay tuned for more information over the coming months.
Why are the metrics different between Classic Reports and Performance Insights?
The metrics between Old Reporting, Reports Center, and Classic Reporting vs. Performance Insights will always be a little bit different due to the fact that all reporting areas (besides Performance Insights) flow through a legacy reporting system. Performance Insights tags each metric and action the recipient takes with an Exchange (formerly Universal Behavior Exchange) event. Performance Insights is your most accurate reporting tool within the product.
As Performance Insights closes every gap (highlighted above) between all reporting areas, the Campaign team will begin to gradually sunset reports. We will not sunset something without having a similar report available to you within Performance Insights. All reports are targeted to be sunset by October 2020.
What do you mean by "Reporting Areas", "Classic Reporting", "Old Reporting", "Reports Center", etc.?
The following screenshots show the areas of reporting (outlined in blue) that will be sunset by October 2020.
Within the Navigation:
To learn more about Performance Insights, check out this webinar where Ryan, CSM Technical Lead, and I highlight common use cases and tips to get started.
Please sign in to leave a comment.