Part of creating great content is getting the draft content reviewed. Feedback from your team and all involved members make sure you have the best content it can be. It helps everyone be on the same page.
There are a couple of different ways you can achieve getting your content reviewed.
Anyone who has access to a content item or asset can add a comment in the Comments tab of a draft item. Click the Comments icon on the top of the content form to access the comments tab. Comments are a great way to get informal feedback on your content or asset to make your content the best it can be. You can edit or remove comments whenever you want.
Start a review
There are times when a more structured review of your content and assets is required. The review and approval features of Content come in handy for such a review process.
Your administrator can enable approvals as required for content or assets or both. When approvals are enabled, all draft items must be approved before you can publish them.
Getting content approved becomes a natural part of your content creation workflow. Click the Submit for review button when you are ready with the draft. Content also keeps track of the number of items that need reviewing in your content item.
If you have two items and are not ready to submit one of the content items, you can send only one draft item. You can send the other one later when the draft content is ready for review. This simplified review process helps you to work in an agile way. You do not have to wait for the entire content item to be complete.
From the Submit for review form:
- Give the review a name something meaningful to you and your reviewers.
- Set a review end date. This end date is used only as a guide for your reviewers. It lets them know when you would like them to provide their feedback or approval.
- Select your approvers.
Note: You can only assign users who have access to the content as reviewers. Admins can be selected to approve all items. For more information, see Invite and manage users.
- Then click Submit. Copy the review link, and send it to your reviewers by using email or other collaborative tools. Then, sit back and wait for your approvers to review your content or asset.
If an approved item is not yet published, you can still edit it. However, it needs to be approved again before publishing it.
After you receive all your feedback and the content is approved, you can end your review and publish it.
Note: It is not required for all reviewers to approve your content for publishing. You can publish the content even if one of the reviewers approves the content.
Review content not requiring approval
It is not required for all reviewers to approve your content for publishing. You can publish the content even if one of the reviewers approves the content.
Review referenced content
You can choose multiple content items for approval. When you submit a content item, all associated content items and assets are part of the workflow.
An approver must review and approve content items and their associated content. For example,
- The content item is referencing another draft content item or asset.
- When you click Approve, you will see all the referenced content items and assets that need to be approved.
- You can approve all the content items and all its associated content at the same time from there.
Permission requirements for approving content and assets
- Items that are already in another review or already approved do not show up in the list.
- A referenced content item from a managed library that the reviewer does not have access to is not seen.
Note: Reviewers cannot approve incomplete content items.
Review websites and landing pages
Users of the standard or trial editions of Content can also set up a website review.
- Open the page preview and open some draft content in the content editor.
- Then, click Set up a review.
To review parts of a page, create reviews of the individual content items. You cannot submit referenced content items from within the site composer's content editor.