Part of creating great content is getting the content reviewed. Feedback back from your team and all involved members make sure you have the best content it can be. It helps everyone be on the same page.
There are a couple of different ways you can achieve getting your content reviewed.
Anyone who has access to a content item or asset can add a comment in the Comments tab of a draft item. This is a great way to get informal feedback on your content or asset to make your content the best it can be.
There are times when a more structured review of your content and assets is required. This is when you use the review and approval features of Acoustic Content.
To start a review, go to your content collection, open a draft content item or asset, and go to the Review tab.
- Give the review a name; something meaningful to you and your reviewers.
- Set a review end date. This date is used only as a guide for your reviewers to let them know when you'd like them to provide their feedback or approval.
- If your content doesn't require approval, clear "Review for publication". If it does, select your approvers.
- Then, click Start review.
- Copy the review link and send it to your reviewers by using email or other collaborative tools. Then, sit back and wait for your approvers to review your content or asset.
If "Review for publication" has been set, then you won't be able to publish your content or asset until one of your approvers clicks Approve. If an approved item isn’t yet published, it can still be edited. However, as soon as an approved content item or asset is edited, it needs to be approved again before it can be published.
After you have received all your feedback, and someone has clicked Approve, then you can end your review and publish your content or asset.
Users of the Standard or Trial editions of Acoustic Content can also set up a review of a website or landing page by opening the page preview, opening some draft content in the content editor, and then clicking Set up a review.
To review parts of a page, create reviews of the individual content items referenced in the page content from your hub's content collection. You can’t create reviews for referenced content from within the site composer's content editor. You can manage the approval of your content either from the page preview or from your content collection.
Users of the Standard or Trial editions of Acoustic Content have access to a more structured approval process. Your hub administrator can enable mandatory reviews on content or assets or both. When mandatory approvals are enabled, you’ll need approval of all draft content or assets before they can be published.