You can use an existing segment to create a new rule in Acoustic Personalization.
To use a segment, complete the following steps:
- Log in to Acoustic Personalization.
- In the menu, go to Personalization > Segments.
- Select the segment for which you want to create a rule and then click Actions > Use this segment.
- Select the channel and the zone for which you want to use the segment.
- Click Use this segment.
- Next, perform the steps required to create the rule. For more information, see Create a rule
Using the All customers segment
The All customers segment is the default (system-generated) segment available in Personalization. You can use this segment to show the personalized content to all the visitors of your channel. In addition, you can also use this segment as a "catch-all" segment for the visitors that are not captured by other segments.
For example, consider you have created Segment A with personalized content P1 and Segment B with personalized content P2. Now, if you want to show personalized content P-Generic to the visitors who are not covered in either segment A or segment B, you can use the All customers segment and order it as the last rule for the zone.
To use All customers segment:
- Log in to Acoustic Personalization and go Personalization > Segments
- In the All customers segment, click Actions > Use this segment.
- Select the channel and the zone, and then click Use this segment.
Next, perform the steps required to create the rule. For more information, see Create a rule
- Though the rule is published, it is active and applied only after the start date.
- Ensure that the rule that uses All customers segment is placed last in the order of priority since it targets all the visitors of the website. If it is placed first, all the visitors get the personalized content that is specified in this rule and none of the following rules will be evaluated.