Detailed workflow for completing the prerequisites, setting up and registering your channel for content personalization, and creating and publishing a content personalization rule in Acoustic Personalization.
Step 1: Set up your channel for personalization
- Request to provision a trial account or a paid account for Acoustic Personalization, and onboard the organization and the required users. For more information, see User Provisioning
Tip: For detailed information about the following steps, see the Personalization developer workflow in the Developer Center.
- Ensure that the system requirements and access privileges are fulfilled.
- Ensure that the channel is configured with a tagging and analytics library (such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, or Digital Analytics) for collecting user behavior for the supported events that are used for creating rules for personalization.
- Configure Acoustic Exchange and Acoustic Exchange Capture.
- Ensure that the channel (website) you want to personalize is either a Single-Page Application (SPA), a Multi-Page Application (MPA), or a simple HTML site (Native App).
- Deploy the Personalization Library.
- Ensure that the website has predefined zones and each zone is uniquely identified by a Zone ID.
- Configure the zones you want to personalize in Acoustic Personalization.
- If required, configure the zones to capture the click events, so as to track the effectiveness of your personalized content.
- If required, configure the zones to use geolocation, which enables you to display personalized content based on the visitor's geographical location.
- Ensure that the website has a rendering engine to render (display) the personalized content returned by Acoustic Personalization.
Step 2: Register your channel
- Create a channel by providing the channel name, channel type, and content management system details.
- Register a content management system (CMS).
- Register the zones by providing zone name, zone description, and Zone ID.
- Create the segments required for the rule.
Step 3: Create and publish Content Personalization rules
Step 4: View the personalized content
After you publish the content personalization rule, you can view the personalized content set in that rule, on the channel.
Step 5: View performance details for your content personalization rule
You can monitor the effectiveness of your content personalization by using the performance reports for the rule.
In addition to the basic Content Personalization flow described above, you can also configure the following features.
- Use Shared Audiences