Alert notifications can be sent to recipients by email or in a Slack channel to which the recipients belong.
Before you begin
For recipients to receive Alert notifications in Slack, you need to configure Slack to generate the OAuth Access Token.
The following steps outline the configuration that you need to complete in Slack.
For more detailed and specific instructions, consult Building Slack apps in the Slack documentation.
- In Slack, create a Slack App and select a workspace.
- Go to OAuth and Permissions feature in Slack and find the area where you specify Scopes.
In Slack, Scopes define the API method that your Slack App can call.
- In the field where you select permissions and scopes, select the following permission scopes.
- Click Save to save the permissions and scopes to your Slack App.
- Install the App and submit a request for approval.
When the request is approved, and the App is installed, go back to the OAuth and Permissions feature for the App to retrieve the OAuth Access Token.
- Click Copy to copy the OAuth Access Token.
- In Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf), go to the Company Settings page and paste the copied token into the OAuth Access Token field.
Note: If you revoke the token, you must reenter a newly generated token on the Company Settings page.
Use the following procedure to select Slack as the way to receive Alert notifications.
- Use the Alert Manager to create a new Alert or edit an existing Alert.
- On the Recipient information page, select the Slack check box.
- Enter the Slack channel name.
#session-count-alert.Note: Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) does not support private slack channels currently.
- Finish and save your changes.