Alert notifications can be sent to recipients by email or in a Slack channel to which the recipients belong.
Before you begin
For recipients to receive Alert notifications in Slack, you need to configure Slack to generate the OAuth Access Token.
The following steps outline the configuration that you need to complete in Slack.
For more detailed and specific instructions, consult Basic app setup in the Slack documentation.
- In Slack, create a Slack app. See Creating an app in the Slack documentation for instructions.
- In Slack, select the scopes to add to your app. See Requesting scopes in the Slack documentation for instructions.
Scopes give your app permission to do things (for example, post messages) in your development workspace.
- In Slack, install the app to your workspace. See Installing the app to a workspace in the Slack documentation for instructions.
- In Slack, call the API methods.
See Calling API methods in the Slack documentation for instructions.
- In Slack, find an access token inside your app management page. Look for it under the OAuth & Permissions sidebar.
- Click Copy to copy the OAuth Access Token.
- In Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf), go to the Company Settings page and paste the copied token into the OAuth Access Token field.
Note: If you revoke the token, you must reenter a newly generated token on the Company Settings page.
Use the following procedure to select Slack as the way to receive Alert notifications.
- Use the Alert Manager to create a new Alert or edit an existing Alert.
- On the Recipient information page, select the Slack check box.
- Enter the Slack channel name. For example,
Note: Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) does not support private slack channels currently.
- Finish and save your changes.