The Reading Order overlay shows the sequential flow of HTML elements on the web page. This information helps you determine whether the content that is presented to the customer in an order that is easy to understand and navigate.
Assistive technologies that read content to the user can present the HTML elements in sequential order as they appear in the HTML.
A tab order is the order in which the input fields are given focus. Unless a specified tab order is defined, the tab order follows the same sequential flow as the reading order.
- Select Snapshot gallery.
- Select a Snapshot.
- Select the Reading Order overlay.
The Reading Order player is displayed. The player lists all of the elements in the reading order for that screen.
Lines in the snapshot show you the reading order. The lines show you the movement from one element to the next.
- Select the View.
- Optional: Select the Zoom factor.
- Optional: In the Reading Order player, click Play to see the flow of the elements on the screen. You can adjust the player speed, pause, and stop the flow playback.
As the player moves through the elements, the order number for the element is displayed on the snapshot. The number corresponds to the order number in the element list in the Reading Order list. Arrows direct you from one element to the next.
- Optional: Manually move through the elements by selecting them in the Reading Order player list. When you select an element in the list, the element number is displayed on the element on the snapshot. Arrows show you the elements immediately before and after the element that you selected in the list.
- Click Stop in the Reading Order player.
- To remove the overlay, select Hide Overlay from the Overlay drop-down.