Struggle factors are the conditions or circumstances against which Struggle Analytics measures visitor struggle on your website. You can create struggle factors that are based on events in your system.
The struggle score is calculated from weighted default factors and struggle event factors. Factors are weighed on a scale of 1 to 10. You can change the weight of a factor, add event-based factors, or exclude a struggle factor from being calculated on a particular page. Struggle analytics monitors the interactions visitors have with pages on your website, analyzing struggle against defined thresholds for each struggle factor to determine whether the level of struggle merits attention.
Struggle Analytics provides the following preconfigured factors for measuring visitor struggle:
- Step count - the number of visitor-initiated actions, such as clicks or entering text, on a page.
- Repeat pattern - an unproductive repeated pattern between multiple pages. For example, going back and forth between a campaign page and a product page.
- Load time - page load time in seconds. Struggle analytics uses loadEventStart to measure page load struggle. If no loadEventStart data is captured, Struggle analytics uses renderTime. For information about loadEventStart see the section on Performance in the UI Capture reference.
- UI element - detect issues with UI elements, such as a user repeatedly clicking an icon.
Note: You can delete the provided struggle factors and any struggle factors that you created.
To create struggle factors:
- Go to Options > Edit Struggle Factor.
- Add up to 20 struggle factors.
- Assign a weight to each factor.
Note: The ratios of all the factors in the system must add up to 100%. If you have 4 factors that are all weighted 10, each struggle factor has a ratio or 25%.