Tealeaf uses tagging to keep objects organized by adding predefined tags to objects. It's really important to have a tagging strategy as an organization. Tags enable users to quickly filter through objects as they build events and reports.
As you create or update objects, you assign tags to each of them. Objects that can be tagged are:
- Session attributes
- Hit attributes
- Step attributes
- Dimension Groups
There may be scenarios where you want to delete tags. Only administrators (administrator, system administrator, or supportUser) can delete tags from the system and remove all tag references from events and event objects. All other users can delete tags from the events and event objects to which they are associated.
- To delete a tag from an event, complete the following steps:
- In the Event Manager, select the event from which you want to delete the tag.
- Click Edit.
- In the Tags section, locate the tag that you want to delete.
- Click the x on the tag icon.
- Click Save to save your changes.
If the tag that you deleted has associations with other objects, such as a session attribute, in the Event Manager, it remains in the list of tags and is still searchable. If the tag that you deleted has no association with other objects, Tealeaf removes the tag from the system and is not displayed in the list of tags.
- To delete a tag from the Event Manager, complete the following steps:
- In the Event Manger, find the tag name in the left panel.
- Hover your cursor over the tag name so that the trash can icon is displayed.
- Click the trash can icon and click Delete to confirm.
The tag is deleted from the system and all references to the tag are removed from all events and event objects.