When you search sessions, the sessions that match your search criteria are returned in a session list table.
You can select different views to present information in a way that is relevant to your analysis goals.
The session list table comes with the following preconfigured views:
- Overview View contains session data for Session Start Time, Duration, Screen Views, and Last Screen
- Customer View contains session data for Session Start Time, Duration, User Login ID, Device Model, and Mobile Network Reachability
- Performance View contains session data for Session Start Time, Mobile Network Reachability, Mobile Battery Life, and Mobile Exceptions
- Gestures View contains session data for Session Start Time, Duration, Orientation Changes, Gestures, and Keyboard Uses
- Environment View contains session data for Mobile Carrier, Device Vendor, Device Model, OS, OS Version, Platform, and Language
If the preconfigured views do not provide the information that you are looking for, you can create your own customized view.
Create a view for the session list table and customize it
Use this procedure to create and customize a session view. You can't customize the views that are provided with the system.
- To create a view:
- Select View > New view.
- Enter the View name.
- To customize a view that you created:
- Select View > Manage views.
- Select the view from My views.
- Select the columns to add.
- Reorder and remove columns as needed.
- Select Save.
The customized view for the session list table is displayed. This view can be applied to any report.
What to do next
Optionally, you can apply advanced filters to control data that gets displayed in the session list table.
There are three types of advanced filtering methods available:
- Filter by a specific text string
- Filter by a graphical interface
- Filter by time thresholds
Select the filter icon in a column to filter the session data in that column.