Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) uses a proprietary event approach that allows a customer's session on your application to be tracked and recorded from start to finish.
Events are conditions that you define to help you gain specific insights into your customers' experiences. When the conditions of the event are met during the course of a visitor session, data from the session is captured and written to a database. You can then use Experience Analytics reports to pull in and analyze data from the events.
Events and reports
Events have attributes that determine what data is used and when it is published.
- Several events are provided with the system for you to create reports to track your customers' experiences.
- You can create, modify, and delete your own events.
- You can use some events in your searches and some as building blocks to create complex events.
- You can use some events in your reports and some as building blocks to create complex events.
- You can record and create Simple Events from within Session Replay by using Simple Event Capture.
Creating and modifying your events
- String manipulations, such as splitting or concatenation
- Numeric operations, such as addition, subtraction, or modulus
- More complex Boolean logic to specify the conditions that the event should record data, such as (A and B) or (A and C) or (C) or (D)