Install and configure the Firefox extension to capture your own snapshots.
Firefox 38 or higher is the only browser that you can use to capture snapshots in Tealeaf. The Firefox extension does not support hybrid applications. To have auto-update on the Firefox extension, you need version 184.108.40.206 or higher.
- Go to Snapshot gallery.
- In the left panel, click Install the Firefox extension to capture your own snapshots.
- In the Install Snapshot Extension window, click Install.
- Follow the prompts on your browser.
If you're on a Mac, based on your browser preferences, after installing go to Customize Toolbar in Firefox, select the snapshot capture icon, and drag and drop it on the tool bar.
Configure the snapshot settings
After the snapshot is installed, you can update your properties.
- Click on the Capture icon in your browser.
- Select the gear icon to open Settings.
- Desktop is always captured, but you check addition devices you want to capture by checking the check box and using the drop-down menu to ensure the correct devices are selected.
- Set the device capture delay in seconds. The delay is a set amount of time between when the page is loaded and when the capture is taken. This ensures that all processing is complete before the snapshot is taken.
- Change the shortcut key sequence for capturing snapshots. Place your cursor in the Capture Shortcut field and press the sequence of keys for generating a snapshot capture.
Why would I use the a keyboard shortcut to capture snapshots? There might be occasions when you want to capture a page in a particular state (where a panel or pop-up menu is displayed), but when you go to the capture (camera) icon, the state of the page to changes (the pop-up menu or side panel goes away). On such occasions, you can use a shortcut key sequence to capture the snapshot. The default capture shortcut is CTRL+SHIFT+A. If the default capture shortcut conflicts with an existing shortcut on your system, you can change it.
- Enter the URL for your Tealeaf portal. If the URL / domain name for the portal changes, you must make sure that the new domain name is reflected in the Tealeaf URL field here. See Updating the Tealeaf URL in snapshot capture for details.
- Click Update to apply the capture settings.