A snapshot captures the state of an Acoustic Overstat-enabled web page, including all of the data that is typically displayed in Acoustic Overstat overlays.
Saving captured snapshots to the Snapshot gallery simplifies access to Acoustic Overstat data.
There are three ways to create snapshots with Acoustic Overstat.
- Create snapshots with the Firefox snapshot extension
- Create snapshots directly from the Snapshot gallery
- Create snapshots from Replay
Before you create snapshots, either clear the browser cache before a page load or disable browser caching to avoid gaps in the snapshot. Clearing the browser cache or disabling browser caching is recommend regardless of which method you are using to create snapshots.
Note: Snapshot capture does not work on hybrid applications.
Create snapshots with the Firefox snapshot extension
If you are creating snapshots with the Firefox extension, you need to be running Firefox version 38 or higher.
Firefox version 38 or higher is the only browser that is supported by Snapshot.
Use the following procedure to create a snapshot with the Firefox snapshot extension.
- Visit the web page that you want to create a snapshot of.
- Click the Capture (camera) icon on the Firefox toolbar to open the snapshot capture window.
- Click Ready to capture (for static content) to use the keyboard shortcut (for dynamic content) to take a snapshot of the web page.
This creates a snapshot and saves it to the Snapshot gallery.A view of the page in the snapshot gallery includes quantitative information that is related to visitor's interaction with the page.The views field shows the number of times the screenView URL for the captured page was viewed.For example, if a visitor viewed the page two times over the course of a session, that counts as two views.
- Optional: Click Validate page.
The Validate page feature checks that the UI SDK is integrated on the page that you are capturing and that the page doesn’t have problems that might cause the snapshot to fail.If the Validate page operation determines that the SDK is not present of it detects a problem with the page itself, it displays a message and an explanation of the problem.
- Enter the Snapshot name and move the snapshot to the appropriate stack.
Create snapshots directly from the Snapshot gallery
There are no browser restrictions or requirements for installing an extension if you are creating snapshots directly from the snapshot gallery.
Use the following procedure to create a snapshot directly from the Snapshot gallery.
- From the Snapshots section of the Snapshot Gallery, select New.
- Optional: Enter a name for the snapshot.
- Enter the URL of the page to capture.
- Select a device type.
Default resolutions are used for phone and tablet device types. For desktop, you can customize the resolution.
- Click Create.
The snapshot is added to the snapshot gallery.
Create snapshots from Replay
Use the following procedure to create a snapshot directly from Replay.
- While viewing the page in Replay, click Create a snapshot of the page (camera icon) on the Replay toolbar.
- When the snapshot capture finishes, the snapshot is added to the Snapshot gallery.