When you display a heat map, comparison analytics, or link analytics overlay, you can select data points on the overlay to drill down to view the data that was collected for that data point.
About this task
When you drill down from a data point, you open the report builder, which shows a chart and a grid of the data that is displayed on the overlay. In the report builder, you can look at all of the data for the data point that you selected on the overlay.
You can open the report builder only from the heat map, comparison analytics, and link analytics overlays.
On heat map and comparison analytics overlays, you can view data for the metrics that you specify for the overlay. On heat map overlays, you can view data for only one metric at a time. On comparison analytics overlays, you can view data for several metrics at one time. However, you can drill down to the report builder for only one metric at a time.
Additionally, you can perform a Save as function from the report builder, so that heat map overlay data from the report builder page can be viewed later, without having to go through the overlay again.
- Select Metric and select the metric that you want to view on the overlay.
- Do one of the following actions:
Option Description For a heat map or comparison analytics overlay
- Click Sub-select.
- Move the Data Summary box to the data point for which you want to see more data.
The information in the Data Summary box changes as you move it to show the number of data points available for the area in the selection box.
When you are over an element that has data, you see the number of items for metric for that data point (for example, clicks or hovers), and a View report from this data icon is displayed.
For a link analytics overlay Move the mouse to the link for which you want to view data. The number of metrics for the link are displayed along with the View report from this data icon for each metric.
- Click the View report from this data icon for the metric for which you want to view data. The report that was used to create the link element on the overlay is displayed.
- Select any of the data items in the grid or chart for more details about the data.
Calendar entries that fall outside of the defined Overstat data retention period are grayed out. The Overstat data retention period is specified on the Company settings page.
- Optional: To view a list of sessions for a particular data point, hover over the data point in the graph or chart view of the report, and select View Sessions.
You can also link to sessions for a particular data point from links in the report table.
- Optional: From the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner of the report, select Save as.
Enter a title and description for your report and select the dashboard in which the report will reside.
- Click Next.
- Select a Display Type and click Save.
You can open the dashboard to view the report.
Reports saved from the Overlay report builder do not have the right-side panel for working with Breakouts, Metrics, and Filters. You can edit the dates and change the report title of the Overstat reports in your dashboard and save any changes made to the report.