Dwell time refers to the length of time the cursor from a visitor's session remains in a form field. The Dwell time report records how long the cursor remains in an input field, regardless if the user is typing or not.
About this task
Dwell time recording begins when the visitor puts their cursor in an input element and ends when they move the cursor outside of the input element.
You can view a list of sessions where dwell time is above or below average.
The average dwell time is included in the View above average sessions option.
- In the Snapshot gallery, select the snapshot for which you want to view form data.
- Select Form Analytics overlay.
- Select the Dwell Time tab.
- Hover over the item and select the menu icon for the item on the Dwell Time tab for which you want to search for sessions.
- Select either View above average sessions or View below average sessions.