The best way to get Mobile User ID is to build a hidden screen in your app, which reports the data. In this way, you can get it in real time on devices when you cannot connect it to a computer. For instance, when it is a user's device.
For details about the API to get registration details, see the following articles per OS:
If you do not have a hidden screen enabled, it is still possible in many cases to get the Mobile User ID by enabling verbose logging on mobile SDK.
For Android users only, if the Mobile User ID is not available, the Device ID can be used. To find the Device ID, go to the Google Play Store and download an App such as Device ID. In most cases, the App displays the ID on opening.
For iOS users, Mobile User ID and ChannelID can also be found if the device is connected to Xcode, and the app is built using the verbose logging. Use the following tools to extract the Mobile User ID from mobile SDK:
- Tools to grant access to iPhone local storage using either Windows or Mac computers (for example, Macroplant)
To extract SDK information by using iExplorer, perform the following steps:
- Connect iPhone to computer, and make sure iTunes and iExplorer detect your device.
- Go to iExplorer tool, and click Backup.
- The device sync time varies depending on the mobile device memory usage.
- Once the device has synced, fully expand Backup > Backup Explorer, and a list of all apps that are installed on the device is displayed with bundle IDs.
- Export the app Document folder to a zip file.
Please sign in to leave a comment.