SSL setup on a custom landing page domain enables HTTPS on a client’s landing page. This additional security verification provides security confirmation to most clients and their customer base.
A SSL setup requires a combination of steps between the client, provisioning, and client’s certificate provider. The needed items encompass a domain, CSR and SSL certificate from a certificate body.
Note: Do not follow the steps below until your sales representative or client success director places the order and a case is raised. Implementing these steps can cause harm to your system. Do not complete until directed to do so by a provisioning specialist.
Follow these steps to set up SSL on a custom landing page domain:
- The client initiates the setup by procuring a domain from their account owner/CSM. This accommodates the SSL setup on existing landing page custom domain on our end. If it is for a new custom landing page domain, two domains order will be required.
- The domain(s) order triggers the creation of a new provisioning case with relevant order details.
- The provisioning team confirms what request and the client should confirm it is an SSL setup request.
- The provisioning team inquires if it is an existing custom landing page domain and organization information.
- If request is for a new custom landing page domain, provisioning confirms client’s domain choice is an acceptable domain choice. Also, the provisioning team provides DNS records for the new custom landing page domain.
- The provisioning team then provides a questionnaire to be completed by the client.
- Based on the completed questionnaire, the provisioning team works with an additional back-end team to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
- The CSR is provided to client.
- The client uses the CSR to procure an SSL certificate from a certificate provider.
- The SSL certificate is provided to the provisioning team via the case.
- The provisioning team works with an additional back-end team to implement the SSL certificate.
- The provisioning team confirms the setup is correct and enables SSL on custom landing page domain in the organization.
- The client is updated via the case, then the case is closed.