The Privacy Tester creates a
.tla file containing the initial request
and response. This file is pushed to the ArchiveReader, which then applies the Privacy rules and
outputs the modified
.tla file for the Privacy Tester to display.
When the Privacy Tester is started, the Request tab and the Response tab are pre-populated with a sample request and a sample response. You can copy and paste other data to test into either tab.
- To test specific rules, you might need to configure your own sample data. Copy and paste any sample data into the Request and Response tabs.
- Make changes to your privacy rules in the appropriate editor in TMS.
- From the editor, open the Privacy Tester.
You can use standard copy and paste commands to populate these tabs with real hit data.
Note: Privacy Tester does not save the contents of the Response and Request tabs. You may want to save your sample data to a text file outside of the utility.
- To include privacy logging information, select the Include Privacy Log checkbox. This option is not available in Privacy Tester for RTA.
- Run the Privacy Tester.
- Review the results in the output tabs.
- Iterate on the above steps until you are satisfied with the results.
- If the rule changes are working, you can save the edited configuration file through TMS.