While Privacy Tester does pre-populate the Request and Response tabs with data when it is launched, you should provide sample data that specifically tests the rules you are creating. If the sample data does not contain data that is identified and evaluated by your rules, the output results may show no changes for rules that would make changes to detected data.
You can acquire sample request and response data from sessions available through Browser-Based Replay or through RTV.
HTTP:line is the first line in the response. RTV inserts extra lines for proper operation, but they may cause problems for the Privacy Tester utility.
- The standalone CX RealiTea Viewer application enables replay functionality and provides views for request and response data from the Windows™ desktop.
- Browser-Based Replay enables the replay of sessions through the Portal. Through BBR, you can replay sessions and review request and response data.
If you are testing a response that is an XML document, it does not contain a header. Privacy Tester attempts to interpret this data as an HTML document; without a properly defined header, it is invalid HTML, and Privacy Tester fails.
To test an XML response:
- In RTV, select View > Show HTTP Headers.
- To view the full response, click the RSP button.
- Copy the entire XML text, including the headers.
- Paste the entire text into the response tab of the Privacy Tester.
- Test the data against your defined set of rules.