Before you can get started understanding how users interact on your site, you have to show Tealeaf how to capture the data. Whether capturing visitor actions on your website or your native application, it needs a methodology to go by.
Tealeaf includes a wizard to help you define the capture methodology. If you have web applications and native applications, you'll complete the wizard twice to define the capture methodology for both app types.
Tealeaf applies the capture methodology rules and conditions that you set in the wizard to sessions where visitors interact with the web or native application.
Configure the capture methodology for your web application or native application
Tip: Complete this wizard for each type of application you have. If you have a web application and a native application, you'll complete these steps twice.
- Log in to Tealeaf.
- Click your user name in the menu bar and select Admin.
- Click the Applications tab.
- Click the "+" sign to add an application.
- Fill out the form and click Create.
- Select the application type you need.
- For web app: Find the application that you just created from the list of applications and click UIC.
- For native app: Find the application that you just created from the list of applications and click Native (iOS or Android).
- Select Add new configuration.
- Complete the pages on the wizard.