You can create an A/B test rule using a goal.
- Click Zones, and then select the channel for which you want to create the A/B test rule using a goal.
- Do any one of the following actions:
- If no personalization is added to the zone, click Actions > Create next to the zone for which you want to create A/B test rule.
- Click Actions > View details next to the zone for which you want to create a rule. In the Content personalization pane, click New rule.
- In the Select the personalization type pop up, click A/B test and then click Next.
- In the Rule configuration screen, provide a unique name for the rule, and specify the rule duration.
- Click Next. The Select goals page opens, with Primary goals tab open by default.
- From the list of goals, click the goal that you want to use as the primary goal for this A/B test. You can also search for the required goal using the search field.
- Goal details are displayed. Review the goal parameters. You can also perform the following actions:
- If required, click Edit to modify the selected goal.
- You can select one or more secondary goals for the A/B test, by clicking the + button. For each A/B test you can associate one primary goal and up to 9 secondary goals.
- To create a copy of the selected rule, click Duplicate. You can then modify the goal parameters as needed.
- If you do not want to use the selected primary or secondary goal, click Unlink from rule.
- After you are done with selecting the goals, click Next. Configure A/B test page appears.
- Enter the number of different content variants you want to show to the channel visitors. For example, if you want to show two different content variants to two different sets of visitors, then the number of content variants would be 2.
- Enter the statistical significance percentage.
The statistical significance percentage should be within the range 50 - 100.
- Notify me when the test ends option is selected automatically.
- Next, select the content variants for the A/B test. You can add up to 10 variants in one A/B test rule. To select content for each variant, do any one of the following actions:
- If you select Acoustic Content as the content management system, you can either select the content from Acoustic Content Palette or you can enter the content in the form of HTML blob. If you select Acoustic Content, browse the content from the Acoustic Content Palette window. Use the Search bar to find the content type that you want.
- If you registered Other as the content management system, you can enter the content in the form of HTML blob or URL.
The Content location field displays the path of the selected content in Acoustic Content.
- In the Control traffic field, enter the percentage of visitors who see the default content. In the Test traffic fields, enter the percentages of visitors who see the particular variant. You need to split the percentage among the different content variants(Test group1 up to Test group10). The total percentage of traffic allocation must equal 100%.
- Click Create. The content variants are added to the Content variants pane.
- Click Next. Select segment page appears.
- In the Segment pane, you can search a segment by searching for the name or create a new segment.
- Click Next.
- Do one of the following actions:
- Click Save, and then click OK. The rule is saved in an inactive state.
- Click Save and publish. The rule is saved in active state. The rule is published but will not run or be applied until the start date. If the start date and time is set to future date, then status of the rule is Active - scheduled.
Article is closed for comments.