Phase 1 consists of the following steps:
- Provision the org and users
Get access to Personalization and Exchange.
- Upload the product catalogs
Upload your product catalog into the Acoustic Personalization without making any changes to the product catalog format.
- Capture behavioral data
Begin creating models based on the current customer behavior.
The Acoustic team will provision the org and the users. After provisioning, the users will have access to the Acoustic Personalization.
The Acoustic team will register the required channels (websites) in Personalization.
For details of how this process works, see this Help Center topic.
You need to share your existing product catalog files with the Personalization team so that they can be used for product recommendations. Perform the following steps to upload the catalog files using Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
- Ensure that the catalog files are in the CSV format and meet the requirements specified in the Prerequisites.
- Create a ticket with Acoustic Support for the credentials required to access the SFTP location. Provide the org ID and channel ID for which you want to upload the catalog files.
- Acoustic Support will provide you with the following details:
- Host name
- Port number
- SSH Private Key
- Use an SFTP client of your choice (for example, WinSCP, FileZilla, and so on) to upload the catalog files.
Updating an existing catalog
When you update an existing product catalog file for your organization, the existing product attributes are updated, and new attributes are added to the existing product catalog.
To avoid discrepancies when attribute columns are added or deleted from the catalog, it is recommended to upload the entire catalog with your updates, and not just the newly added records.
Example: You upload a new product catalog file containing product ids P1, P2, and P3 to Acoustic Personalization. Later, you decide to update the price for P1 and add few more products (P4 and P5) to the existing catalog. So, your new catalog file should have P1 (with the updated price), P2, P3, and P4, P5 (new products). After you upload the new file, product P1 gets updated and products P4 and P5 are added. The records for products P2 and P3 continue to exist with their original values.
The Acoustic team will create a mapping from the Digital Analytics (DA) ClientID to Personalization to enable the forwarding of events from Digital Analytics to Acoustic Exchange.
By default, existing behavioral data will not be migrated.