JSON messages, also referred to as steps, are used to transmit the user steps that are captured by an Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf) Client Framework to Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf). You can use the details of JSON messages to help you find clues that can lead to a better understanding of a customer struggle.
About this task
For example, if you double-click a session in a session list, the Session Timeline page displays UI events that represent user data, such as click, hover, scroll, environment, or performance. When you select any of these UI events, the associated JSON messages appear, providing a deeper layer of detail for that captured data.
- Client state
- Application context
- Connection: Any request/response application performed during capture
- Control: User interface control that fires an event that is captured
- Custom event: Any custom log event from any place in application
- Exception: Any exception that the application can throw
- Performance: Performance data from the browser
- Web storage: Object that contains information about local storage information on the browser
- Overstat® hover event
- DOM Capture
Use JSON code within the Raw Data panel to create an event or step attribute.
- Select a session.
- Click the Raw data panel.
- In the Steps panel, select the screen view.
- Hover over and right-click the code that you want to use to create an event or step attribute.
- Select Create event or Create step attribute.